Games using a GameCube controller

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by DjFIL, Aug 16, 2011.

1. DjFIL
    OP

DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

May 29, 2003
    Canada
    BC, Canada
    I picked up a GameCube controller recently, mostly because I wanted to play the GameCube game Kururin Squash... and it's great. Then I also remembered a few sports games that were either mediocre or no good with the Wiimote (with or without Nunchuck). Games like AFL, Rugby League 3 and WWE All-Stars... and those games are really enjoyable now that I have a GameCube controller. Is there any other games that I should go back and visit? Games that allow the GameCube controller to be used, and the game is better using a GameCube controller... maybe I had pushed the game aside because of terrible Wii controls.

2. zizer

zizer GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2010
  3. KirovAir

KirovAir Dutch Alcoholic Programmer

Dec 7, 2006
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Super
    Smash
    Bros
    Brawl

Oh, and Mario Kart.

4. Category

Category Trainee Romhacker

Jan 29, 2008
    Bournemouth
    Goldeneye - I found it better with the gamecube controller

5. demitrius

demitrius GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2008
    United States
  6. DjFIL
    OP

DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

May 29, 2003
    Canada
    BC, Canada
    Thanks for that list... didn't know someone created a list on Wikipedia.

Found out my self about Sonic Colours, I might revisit that from the beginning of the game. Really excited to see Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces on that list, it should be way better with the GC controls. And 007 Goldeneye I might also go back to.

Rest are just racing games (which I think are just fine on the Wiimote... since all of them are arcade racers) and fighting games (majority which I suck at, hence don't enjoy).

7. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic
    XIII