Homebrew games Updates for online mode (CIA)

Hawner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there.

I've got a little problem here. Recently I downgraded my o3DS to 9.2 and I am using emuNAND to emulate 10.5.0. With that, I installed a game using CIAs (The legend of Zelda: Tri force heroes). The game works, but if I try to get online it asks me for an update on the game, for which the eShop wants me to update the 3ds. Is the eShop detecting the real FW of the 3ds or it's a bug...?
Anyone can help me on this, please?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First you need to update your emunand to 10.6 as it just came out. Second you may need to get a cia update for the game. I' 99% sure it will be on that iso site. then just install the cia update using any cia installer other then fbi.

Last edited by xtheman,

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
Hi there.

I've got a little problem here. Recently I downgraded my o3DS to 9.2 and I am using emuNAND to emulate 10.5.0. With that, I installed a game using CIAs (The legend of Zelda: Tri force heroes). The game works, but if I try to get online it asks me for an update on the game, for which the eShop wants me to update the 3ds. Is the eShop detecting the real FW of the 3ds or it's a bug...?
Anyone can help me on this, please?
you can update your emunand to 10.6 to get into eShop or search it on "that iso site"

Hawner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First you need to update your emunand to 10.6 as it just came out. Second you may need to get a cia update for the game. I' 99% sure it will be on that iso site. then just install the cia update using any cia installer other then fbi.

you can update your emunand to 10.6 to get into eShop or search it on "that iso site"

If by "that ISO site" you mean what I think, I tried several times downloading things there but they didn't work. The 2-3 games that worked for me were from other places. But I'll try again there. I'll keep you posted.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by "that ISO site" you mean what I think, I tried several times downloading things there but they didn't work. The 2-3 games that worked for me were from other places. But I'll try again there. I'll keep you posted.
Just update and go to the eShop it takes 1 min.

Hawner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, need a little more help. It was a friend who downgraded and installed all the CIAs stuff, so I only know how to launch it. ^^U
what exactly must I look for to update the EmuNAND and such?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, need a little more help. It was a friend who downgraded and installed all the CIAs stuff, so I only know how to launch it. ^^U
what exactly must I look for to update the EmuNAND and such?
Boot Emunand->System settings->Other settings->System update.

m37r01d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but it only takes roughly 10 min to download every single free DLC/Update/App you can from the eShop anyways

Downloading is quick but to reinstall all my cia paid dlc and paid theme cia, then delete the extra themes as I can only have 100 takes a while.
Is their an app to download the game updates in cia format, kinda like the Wiiu has nusgrabber for updates?

Last edited by m37r01d,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think you can download updates from the eShop for illegitimate CIAs. You'd have to get the update CIA manually.

For retail games (including more or less official CIA conversions) there is a separate update you can download without ever having inserted that game in your console (how would the son of your plumber's cousin loan you his 2nd copy of SSB4 and smash with you without waiting 10 minutes to download the update on your console, otherwise?)

Digital-only software is usually updated by re-releasing, and then you can't update from the eShop if you don't have a valid license (as you could see by the requests for the current Youtube 1.2 on the downloads site!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol