Games to Honor Iwata-san

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering, what games are you all playing to commemorate Iwata-san's incredible life?
I'm playing the following:
Earthbound (SNES)
Kirby's Dream Land (GB)
Super Smash Bros. (N64)
Balloon Fight (NES)
Pokemon Stadium (N64)

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I get Earthbound from the wiiu eshop? I was under the impression that you need a guide to beat it.

I was considering getting Zelda NES a while back but someone on gbatemp said its basically impossible to know what to do in it without looking it up, and that pretty much convinced me not to get it believe it or not.

zeello

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I'd so much rather play Earthbound on a psp than on a wiiu. But Im a boy scout who doesn't hack.

lol, who asks what they should look out for when playing a game for the first time. On gamefaqs no less. Isn't that the same as asking for help? You should go in blind when playing a game. Otherwise your personal narrative with the game has been tainted by subjective influence.

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to play it on SNES but not dropping a bill for it. Good luck to both of us on no guiding it :yaysp:

Eh...there was a time when you rented a video game and you could ask the store for tips on the game. Could look at it that way :gba:

Can fit sooo very much on a PSP and the 3000s weigh next to nothing.

zeello

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh...there was a time when you rented a video game and you could ask the store for tips on the game. Could look at it that way :gba:

No idea what kind of rental store you went to. In the snes days we rented from blockbuster and i dont think I ever even thought about asking them for tips in games. I doubt they'd even know what I was talking about. We did get PLENTY of help though, in the form of Nintendo Power and strategy guides and maybe even from schoolmates, as well as the inserts that came with the Zelda games. These things are still probably cheating though. (except maybe the stuff that comes with the game)

I suppose if you're doing a guideless run then I might as well join you ... but we'll see.

Reactions: Megaben99

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea what kind of rental store you went to. In the snes days we rented from blockbuster and i dont think I ever even thought about asking them for tips in games. I doubt they'd even know what I was talking about. We did get PLENTY of help though, in the form of Nintendo Power and strategy guides and maybe even from schoolmates, as well as the inserts that came with the Zelda games. These things are still probably cheating though. (except maybe the stuff that comes with the game)

I suppose if you're doing a guideless run then I might as well join you ... but we'll see.

Ha! Yes Blockbuster was worthless. I had a couple independent stores by the house that were good for a tip or two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool