sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm thinking about dusting off my ds to play games on it again. I haven't touched it since phantom hourgalss US was dumped a while ago, and since then it's been collecting dust. I assume a lot of good games have come out for the DS since, but I'm not sure where to start and what to grab. I lost all my games after a hdd failure, so I'm starting from scratch, but I'd like to know more about the games since phantom hourglass came out first as a priority over what classics to get, but that would be welcome advice too.

Thanks in advance

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, let's see.....I can list off a bunch of games that I think are worth picking up.
They may or may not be to your taste.

Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
The World Ends With You
Pokemon Diamond or Pearl (if you like pokemon, which I do)
Final Fantasy IV DS
Disgaea DS
Rondo of Swords (if you're really into turn-based strategy)
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (the new sonic rpg from bioware)
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (a pokemon like game except Dragon Quest based)
Soul Bubbles (addictive puzzle type game)
Sim City Creator
Etrian Odyssey I and II (not for those who don't like hard RPGs!)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate (a decent action RPG is not the best)
Soma Bringer (you'll need to grab the translation patch from the Hacking area but great actionRPG)
Rhythm Tengoku Gold (japanese rhythm game but easy to play without knowing japanese)
Super Princess Peach (A good platformer if you don't mind pink)

That's all that comes to mind right now

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm just gonna be the "asshole" and tell you to go see the sticky at the top with the best DS games :\ A LOT of good games have come out since PH, so listing them all would be pretty tedious.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks people, I only played the odd game since I left for the US last year (about 2 days before US phantom hourglass release) so I was looking for something like this.

Edit:
Doodle Hex, laugh at me if you will but I enjoyed it.
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution. To quote myself, it does not take much for a game to keep me up all night but for it to be a DS game in amongst all the other stuff I have to play with it has to be something special.

There was also a Japanese puzzle game (I forget the name but I played it as part of my EZ5 plus review and it stayed on there. No real knowledge of Japanese required.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thing that comes to mind is Dragonball. Its still in Japanese, so if you want the English version, you'll have to wait. It's a really fun game; similar to Phantom Hourglass.

Same games that weren't listed.. that a lot of people enjoyed:

N+
Bangai-O (? spelling please?)

That's all I can think of for now. I didn't play N+ or Bangai-O though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help...