UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so, anyone else found games thanks to gbatemp that they really would have never thought they would enjoy but thought were really good when they tried it? I still can't believe I like Phoenix Wright, who would think a lawyer sim could be so fun!
rolleyes.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The World Ends With You. The artstyle seemed really strange. I don't obsess over it like some people do, but I certainly consider it a great DS game.

Oh, and I forgot Dragon Quest Monsters Joker. It looked like a Pokemon ripoff, but I found that it was a breath of fresh air compared to the constant rehashes of the Pokemon franchise. It's a great alternative to pokemon and happens to have some of the best graphics seen on DS. It's not an important aspect, but it doesn't hurt and adds charm to the game.

Xylez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The world ends with you, i just downloaded it cuz there we no other games that came out then, and i ended up completing the game 100%

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another two:

Mario and Luigi Partners in Time- heard some scathing reviews saying it was bad. I loved it though. The 1337 hammer bros scene is one of the funniest game scenes I've EVER seen and a really nice nod to the internet community.

Mario and Luigi 3- I saw some screens that seemed to point you stay in Bowser the entire time. That turned me off due to the lack of colorful outdoor worlds to visit. My fears were unfounded however. Not only do you apparently spend ample time outside Bowser, but PLAYING as Bowser has turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I especially like the interaction between both game scenarios as the brothers and Bowser.

Oh and +9000 for listening to the fanbase and bringing Fawful back! I truly CANNOT wait to play this game in English and see what delights the script writers deliver!
yaynds.gif

Jojounin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With no doubt - Phoenix Wright, probably the game that gives the most false first impression from all other DS games.
Surprisingly it's my favorite DS game series by far
smile.gif

Narin Minion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Phoenix Wright, The World Ends With You and FFCC Echoes of Time were legendary.
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
yaynds.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif

Posts merged

Phoenix Wright, The World Ends With You and FFCC Echoes of Time
were legendary.
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
yaynds.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I thought Phoenix Wright was a boring game but got hook on the story by Maya Fey. I love her. Now, even Trucy Wright is not my crush.

Ouendan 2 was, at first, a boring game since I downloaded Tengen Toppan Gurren Laggan. My sis asked me to download it and got the two games mixed. It is an addicted rhythm game

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let's see I've had a few of those....

My World, My Way-looked way too girly to me but I had finished all my other games
Elebits-didn't look interesting but once again I was bored
Soma Bringer (the screens and video just didn't grab me, somehow the game didn't look that interesting until I was bored one day and picked it up and fell in love

Ishidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Dragon quest IV, i belived "too basic, so boring". But after finish the first chapter i reconsidered my opinion and i'm in my way to finishi it.

With "The world ends with you" is almost the same, but after a while i was enjoying playing... But then Joshua appear. Too much yaoi for me to handle. So i decided erase the rom and the save data.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I put Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings in my flashcard for the lulz, seriously. I heard people saying how bad the original FFXII was, and that this spin-off wasn't great deal either. Thought it would be a complete POS, and then I played it...

Long story short: that game made me buy a PS2 just so I could play the original FFXII, and I wasn't disappointed at all. Now I know you can't believe everything you hear. =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended