Games that you can choose your job

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by CyrusVN, Jul 18, 2008.

1. CyrusVN
    OP

CyrusVN Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2006
    Are there any RPG games available on DS that you can choose which jobs you want such as a Fighter, a mage, an archer and stuff like that? I mean for example you can choose a fighter job for your main char but if you don't like it, you can change to other jobs.

If so could you guys recommend me a few names pls?

2. aerowalk

aerowalk GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2006
    FF3
    FFTA2
    Contact

hmm what else.. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Wabsta

Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Apr 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    SCUMM Bar
    Children of Mana?

4. 2128

2128 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2007
    Etrian Odyssey 1/2

5. cerenade

cerenade GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2008
    Luton, England

what is the game in the picture?

never mind i looked at the url

6. Szyslak

Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

Oct 31, 2006
    United States
    NY
    FF:CC Ring of Fates is an ARPG that has a job system similar to that. Especially if you play the multi-player version.

FFIII DS has an extensive job system where you can keep changing jobs and leveling them up.

Dungeon Explorer lets you choose a race of fighter, which is effectively a "job". Great dundeon crawler with wi-fi co-op.

If you want to go a little older, and play emulated SNES on the DS, Seiken Densetsu 3 (Mana series) has one of the best job systems ever, but you can't change jobs once you select them.

7. shamantimk

shamantimk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    Netherlands
    soma bringer lets you choose between like 8 characters and after that you can choose classes;

warrior
    defence warior with healing spells (paladin like)
    Dark warrior
    Gunner (with guns and bows)
    Assasin (with claws, dubbel swords and poles)
    Mage.

8. Batman55

Batman55 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 21, 2007
    Canada
    I like Soma Bringer's class system the best, because if you choose one you can still have a few others that you can switch to.

I chose Battler with 2H sword, so I can switch to no weapon, dual swords or a hammer.

9. Sendoh

Sendoh GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2007
    Senegal
    You can play Seiken Densetsu 3 on a DS emulator?? I was told that it doesn't work.

10. Szyslak

Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

Oct 31, 2006
    United States
    NY
    No, sorry. I think you're right keyaxer. I just played it again last year, and I thought it was on my DS, but I was mistaken. My bad.

Maybe if Chrono Trigger DS does well, there's hope SD3 will get the proper release it deserves outside Japan.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice