Hacking Games that use to work don't anymore.

IceMan93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
So I have an Acekard 2i thats fully updated in system, loaders, and firmware. I use to be able to use all of the ROMS that I have saved, but some reason theres a few that just don't work anymore (such as Sands of Destruction, Pokemon White/Black, Suikoden Tierkreis, & Radiant Historia). I've reformatted my Acekard many times, re downloaded the ROMS (also tried other ROM sites), but they just get stuck on the yellow loading screen. I've also tried the AP settings on all the options, but it doesn't do anything. I have no contact issues at all. Any suggestions?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
msd cards were not designed for the abuse this hobby throws at them. your card is probably corrupted. use the panasonic formatter on it. after doing so put on a freshly downloaded (not previously backed-up) copy of AKAIO. then put back on clean copies of all the roms. you can verify roms by CRC32 value against a known good set listing.

[ft]panasonic sd formatter[/ft]

other formatting tools will not correctly set up the msd card, such as the tools found with your operating system.

if after using the panasonic formatter you continue to have the same problem, then perhaps it is a contact issue between your msd card and the slot. you can usually fix that by reseating the card a few times.

it is possible to have 1 file become corrupted, and if you keep putting that 1 file back on after formats you may experience the same problems. i once debugged an issue down to 1 file in a homebrew data folder. that one file was causing my skins to act (and look) odd and for games to freeze on the "loading..." screen.

-another world

Reactions: 1 person

IceMan93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After taking careful steps in reformatting my Acekard, and then checking everything carefully to make sure that it was the most updated file, I managed to get all my games working again. Thanks :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls