Hacking Games that Brick a Acekard 2i?

ibetheelmo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read an article from a year ago that had a list of some games that would BRICK your acekard if you tried running them.
Does anyone know if there still are any games like this? Or even a list of what games wont work/lag on the acekard?
I've google'd, but not found much.
Thanks in advance.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure of the article you are talking about, but most likely it was based on one of the two brickers that would be sent out as real games, until someone tried one and found not the game, but something very different. The one I do remember was a release of Dragon Quest 9 in Japanese that was really a bricker, that came out last year I believe.

If you use a trusted site to get your games then you should have no worries about a bricker, being downloaded from them.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ibetheelmo said:
Well, all the options of websites here and I've used most of them. lol not sure which one we're going for tho...
Here's a tip....stop making posts regarding rom sites
lecture.gif
and your stay @ GBAtemp will be a long & happy one !!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are a bunch of virus games, but none of which that I know can brick an Acekard (the virus only bricks DSes). The Acekard doesn't even have on-board memory so there's no way you can soft-brick it. The most damage they can do (besides bricking your DS), is to brick your microSD but that should be easily replaceable.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
There are a bunch of virus games, but none of which that I know can brick an Acekard (the virus only bricks DSes). The Acekard doesn't even have on-board memory so there's no way you can soft-brick it. The most damage they can do (besides bricking your DS), is to brick your microSD but that should be easily replaceable.
It does have on-memory, that's where the Danny Phantom gets stored. It's 16M Organized as 2M x8 (2MB). Seeing as it's writable, I can't see why a dodgy ROM couldn't corrupt it. The Danny Phantom update is 1.54MB so i'm wondering how much of the Acekard's firmware is in that, presumably if something bricks the Acekard's memory there's a decent chance a reflash with DP will fix it.

Doom32x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
I heared that some games bricks the acekard, here are some examples:
- A guy from (elotrolado) reported that after playing 16hs with Pokemon Soul Silver (edicion plata alma, spanish version) the Game freezes with withe screen and after reset the DS, the acekard bricked
- A guy from (another forum with roms to downlad) reported that after playing and saving Inazuma Eleven 3, the acekard bricked (and a guy from here reported the same with 2 aceakrd) (the same happened, withe screen and after reebot the acekard bricked)
- A friend tell me that after 40hs playing Dragon quest IX, the game freezes with withe screen and after reebot, the acekrd bricked...

Someone now how to avoid this? I know how to repair them (u need an R4 or another with hombrew and launch NDSL NEW 1.4) and repleace the cartidge, but someone know what game do this?

Thanks

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the love of God, there's already like 5 different threads about this. No game bricks the AK2i. Comment on Love Plus+ on the AK2i:

Hakoda said:
FALSE. This a bluff guys, a hoax. It was just a coincidence that bootloader got corrupted in the event that he was playing Love Plus+. There's no way Ninty could have developed an AP to overwrite the bootloader of JUST the Acekard 2i's? Doesn't make any sense, they would target all cards if possible. The statement was made by a Supercard forum member; most likely he was just advertising saying that the DSTwo is not affected by the AP.

There is no brick. Period. I'm sick of hearing this.

Normmatt said:
Problem is I and many others can't find any evidence and/or any code in the game to do any 'bricking' which effectively means anyone who 'bricked' their flashcart was either very unlikely or downloaded a bad rom which either included a bricker for whatever reason.
QUOTE(Normmatt @ Jun 30 2010, 03:39 AM) This is completely false information. Supercard apparently want some free publicity for their SCDS2.
This applies to other games as well.

Doom32x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
Hakoda said:
For the love of God, there's already like 5 different threads about this. No game bricks the AK2i. Comment on Love Plus+ on the AK2i:

Hakoda said:
FALSE. This a bluff guys, a hoax. It was just a coincidence that bootloader got corrupted in the event that he was playing Love Plus+. There's no way Ninty could have developed an AP to overwrite the bootloader of JUST the Acekard 2i's? Doesn't make any sense, they would target all cards if possible. The statement was made by a Supercard forum member; most likely he was just advertising saying that the DSTwo is not affected by the AP.

There is no brick. Period. I'm sick of hearing this.

Normmatt said:
Problem is I and many others can't find any evidence and/or any code in the game to do any 'bricking' which effectively means anyone who 'bricked' their flashcart was either very unlikely or downloaded a bad rom which either included a bricker for whatever reason.
QUOTE(Normmatt @ Jun 30 2010, 03:39 AM) This is completely false information. Supercard apparently want some free publicity for their SCDS2.
This applies to other games as well.

Hi, I dont think its false... Here I have some quotes from the people that I have said before:
The first person that I mention before:
http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_hilo-oficia...2i_1151365_s900
"I upgraded the Acekard 2i to work for DSi after 1.4 from Nintnedo. Now, after a year later, when I tried to enter in the cartidge, it says "Pulse power to turn off the console etc. etc. etc." This happend yesterday after I played Pokemon Soulsivler (spanish version Pokemon Plata Alma) and in "Ciudad Orquídea" (idk what is the name in english)" I use Fly and the game freezes (black screen). I turned off after waiting 2min and now its doesnt work" (sorry for my bad translation)
The second person that I metion before:
http://gbatemp.net/t238123-ds-5000-inazuma...t&p=2962401
And the third person its a friend that told me that... I dont belive the DQIX have a bricked ap, I think its problem of my friend...

I will try to play inazuma eleven 3 and I will say if it bricks the acekard or not.. will try to record it
yaynds.gif

Bye!
rolleyes.gif

PS: sorry for my bad english

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've spent a lot of hours playing heart gold on my Acekard without any problems and am currently playing DQIX as well. All of these rumors are lies. LIES I TELL YOU!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)