Digital Syn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp.net Team,
I am fresh off the boat with Wii hacking - I picked up the Wii about 3 days ago but have done about 2 weeks of research. I currently have the 4.2U version - sports edition (black).
Here is what I have done so far, in this specific order:

BannerBomb abd6a_v200
HackMii Installer v0.6

Homebrew Browser

IOS236 ---
Trucha Bug Restorer v1.12

Hermes' IOS 222/223 ---
Hermes' uLoader installer v4

USB Loader ---
Configurable USB Loader v41
v57b7-222 .dol which loads IOS222 first

WBFS Manager - formatted external HDD with WBFS partition

My games appear within the USB Loader - and they launch without issue. But during the loading of the game and cut scenes drag very slowly. During a few of the games, the cut scenes stutter for about 30 seconds and continue. Once the game play kicks off the game runs smoothly and I assume other cut scenes will do the same.
If I play the games right off the DVD then the system acts normally and everything runs smoothly.

Any ideas?

Digital Syn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you terminal_illness and kimikal27 for your response. This may be a silly question but can I run this cios over Hermes? Is there a good tut on waninkoko's ciosx?

Thank you!

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko's cios installs to ios slot 249 here's the release thread all usb loaders that i know of have some sort of setting for what ios to use. also make sure your usb drive isn't going some sort of standby mode, since some drives have been known to do that.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you have a WBFS formatted hard drive try using Configurable USB Loader DOL that doesn't load IOS222 first.

I don't know if it'll make a difference but doesn't hurt to try.

Digital Syn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks team for the responses. I loaded Waninkokos ciosx rev 19. Now when I launch Config USB loader i get the error: Custom IOS 249 is a stub!

Should I blow out Config USB loader and reinstall?

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use Any Title Deleter MOD to delete IOS249 stub?
Also delete 202, 222, 223, 224, 250

Re-install Hermes and Waninkoko's cIOS

Digital Syn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok - correction. It looks like ios 249 was not installed. When I attempted to install Waninkoko's cIOS I get an install error (ret = -1035).

harmor - I have not used a title deleter mod. Perhaps this is why I am getting a 1035 error?

Digital Syn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok team - I am about 75% lost here. LOL. Is there a virgin button I can press to start all over? I kid! Ok - I am running DOP-Mii and when I select IOS: 36 I get the error:

Choose an IOS that accepts fake signing!

On the initial page of DOP-Mii I do have an option to install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign -

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital Syn said:
Ok team - I am about 75% lost here. LOL. Is there a virgin button I can press to start all over? I kid! Ok - I am running DOP-Mii and when I select IOS: 36 I get the error:

Choose an IOS that accepts fake signing!

On the initial page of DOP-Mii I do have an option to install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign -
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha

You don't need Any Title Deleter. You can delete stubs using Dop-Mii.

Digital Syn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok - I blew the stubs out using DOP-Mii. Ran 249 and installed 100% complete and with success. I feel I am almost there.

Now I am running Config USB loader and it doesn't seem to be finding my HDD. The HDD is formated in WBFS. Should I use another proggy for this?

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital Syn said:
Ok - I blew the stubs out using DOP-Mii. Ran 249 and installed 100% complete and with success. I feel I am almost there.

Now I am running Config USB loader and it doesn't seem to be finding my HDD. The HDD is formated in WBFS. Should I use another proggy for this?
Make sure the hard drive is in the correct port.

Digital Syn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK - scratch that. On the loading page I hit a few keys and the games loaded up. I will try to run one to see how quickly the load is.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital Syn said:
OK - scratch that. On the loading page I hit a few keys and the games loaded up. I will try to run one to see how quickly the load is.
You shouldn't have to press any thing.
Are you still using the cfg-222 version? If so use the non-222 version.

Digital Syn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harmor - roger that. Sometimes the usb loader will detect the HDD and load the games while other times I have to disconnect and reinsert the HDD. That may be a sign that it is turning itself off.

I ran a few games and it seems to run a bit faster. I still have quite a bit of lag loading the game and through the cutscenes though.

I will attempt to use another HDD with a different enclosure to see what happens.

Thank you all that have assisted me thus far - much kudos

harmor
kimikal27
farcry15
xzxero
terminal illness

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital Syn said:
harmor - roger that. Sometimes the usb loader will detect the HDD and load the games while other times I have to disconnect and reinsert the HDD. That may be a sign that it is turning itself off.
The usb loader should send a usb wakeup when it starts, so try waiting a few minutes after starting the loader for your hdd to spin up. Also try using a flash drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @hazbeans, welcome