Hacking Games not working like they used to?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i need some help.

Heres what i have:
DSl
Acekard 2.1 with the newest AKAIO 1.8.6a firmware.

I have managed to get lameboy working for some GB games, other torublesome games dont work.
The World Ends With You- freezes during the "intro" cut scene (its the one you watch after doing that first battle. all you can do is run away, then you get the movie to kinda orient you into the game)
It freezes on a frame when you pass another character.

Pokemon black and white-the ds gets stuck on the "loading" screen and turns from blue to a greenish yellow and freezes.
Ive downloaded 10 of each version, patched, unpatched, (U) releases, (E) realeases, and even (J) releases.

Now heres my biggest problem. I have already played these games on this cart! i know they work, but it looks like im doing something wrong apparently.
Any help?

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Try backing everything up and formatting your card (use Panasonic SD formatter) and then just reinstall everything. It could be just your SD card playing up.

Z

Zorua

Buleste said:
Try backing everything up and formatting your card (use Panasonic SD formatter) and then just reinstall everything. It could be just your SD card playing up.

That's what I said?

Why are you all repeating what I said?

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
Things off the top of my head: after updating your cart, did you back it up, reformat the SD card with the panasonic formatter, then restore the backup?

Z

Zorua

Buleste said:
Zorua said:
Buleste said:

That's what I said?

Because when I started my post yours was not there.

Weird, because for me it says that mine was posted two minutes before yours.
Anyway, it's ok.

@Lacius, no, a full format isn't necessary.
Ok, I'm sorry guys but this is just bugging me.
WHY ARE YOU REPEATING WHAT I SAID?!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want to reformat your SD card. Backup your games and saves and use SDFormatter to format it. Make sure you do a full format and not a quick one. Then put your AKAIO, your games, and your saves back onto the SD card. If that does not work, try using the formatting software on your operating system instead, still making sure to do a full format.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Zorua said:
Buleste said:
Zorua said:
Buleste said:

That's what I said?

Because when I started my post yours was not there.

Weird, because for me it says that mine was posted two minutes before yours.
Anyway, it's ok.

Ok, I'm sorry guys but this is just bugging me.
WHY ARE YOU REPEATING WHAT I SAID?!
@Lacius, no, a full format isn't necessary.
I've just told you. When I started posting there was no responses to the original question. Before I pressed Add reply I went to do something else, came back to my computer and pressed add reply and your answer appeared before mine. If I had seen your reply I wouldn't have typed in mine.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua, there is nothing wrong with people confirming that something solves a problem. Some people might also feel that the first answer was incomplete, like I did. For example, I thought it would be better to include a list of ways in which to troubleshoot in case formatting the SD card with SDFormatter did not work.

Also, it is recommended that one does a full format and not just a quick one.

This thread would be a lot more substantive if you weren't flooding it with complaints.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Still the same problem. And i have a feeling its not the version of Akaio im using cause i got it from two different places.
Is the official up to date? will it support pokemon b/w?

Edit: Well the official firmware gives me white screens. which i guess is better than getting stuck on loading. I guess. But not that much.
Edit2: i dont think its the card either... i plays lameboy and kirby canvas curse...

Heichart

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Highlight the game, press Y, select config, and disable Bypass Antipiracy. I don't know about Pokémon Black and White, but you can try it. Bypass Antipiracy causes some slowdown in some games, and it may freeze those games.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hrrgg ok well its worth a shot. This is really weird.

EDIT! WAIT would using an underpowered 1 gig lexar card be my problem?

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Changing SD card could solve a problem.
Try Class 4 SD, size doesn't meter
smile.gif

Old akaio works with almost all cards and newest akaio requiers faster cards ( I thik )

PS to Buleste and Zorua
1 usr is writing new post and before he add reply another usr added reply

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.