Hacking Games not showing up in both Nintendont and USB Loader GX

Vasid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this strange error where after loading a good number of games on to my drive, both Wii and Gamecube, and sorting everything perfectly and it working like a charm, now I've loaded up a few more and they're not showing up. Any idea what might be causing this? They are gamecube ISOs stored under the proper directory for Nintendont (/games/game name [S#]/game.iso), and the isos themselves run fine in Dolphin, but neither Nintendont nor USB Loader GX can find them when they can find all the other gamecube games I've loaded up. Even stranger two of the games I uploaded in the batch do show up and run fine.

Is there some sort of hard limit to how much data can be loaded from a drive? Can I only load so many games on to a drive before they stop showing up? Or maybe a limit on the number of directories? Anyone have ANY idea of how to even begin to trouble shoot this?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of drive and what partition type are you using? (FAT32, NTFS/MBR, GPT)

Did you make sure there aren't any hidden partitions on the drive?

Are you sure you connected the drive to the proper USB port?

Reactions: Vasid

Vasid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of drive and what partition type are you using? (FAT32, NTFS/MBR, GPT)

Did you make sure there aren't any hidden partitions on the drive?

Are you sure you connected the drive to the proper USB port?
So the drive is connected to the outer-most port, pretty sure that is good. I'm sure there aren't any hidden partitions. The drive is formatted in Fat 32. I just realized that I'm over 500 gb of data on the drive, could that be the problem? Can the wii only read 500 GB of the drive or something like that?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 500GB drive with about 6GB free so it's probably not that. It might help to look at the drive's layout with a third-party tool like EasUS Partition Manager. (Careful when installing their applications, they have bundleware in them.)

OS X's Disk Utility likes to add an extra EFI partition to drives that causes problems but other utilities may do the same.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Vasid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 500GB drive with about 6GB free so it's probably not that. It might help to look at the drive's layout with a third-party tool like EasUS Partition Manager. (Careful when installing their applications, they have bundleware in them.)

OS X's Disk Utility likes to add an extra EFI partition to drives that causes problems but other utilities may do the same.
I actually used EasUS to format the drive. What should I be looking for here?
easus.png

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming your "J" drive is your Wii storage drive that's what I was looking for. That looks fine so I'm not sure what could be causing your issue. Is it perhaps a HDD that is powered be USB? If so it might help to use a Y-cable to connect it to both USB ports so it gets enough power, or it could be that the drive controller just isn't compatible.

Other than that maybe Cyan might have an idea what's causing it.

EDIT: Wait, is that the J drive under the window that's open? What's labeled "logical" on it?

Last edited by GreyWolf,
Reactions: Vasid

Vasid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming your "J" drive is your Wii storage drive that's what I was looking for. That looks fine so I'm not sure what could be causing your issue. Is it perhaps a HDD that is powered be USB? If so it might help to use a Y-cable to connect it to both USB ports so it gets enough power, or it could be that the drive controller just isn't compatible.

Other than that maybe Cyan might have an idea what's causing it.
Okay, I'll get a y cable and try that, thanks for the attempt. I'll see what Cyan has to say.

Vasid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Wait, is that the J drive under the window that's open? What's labeled "logical" on it?
Yep, it's that J drive, and the bit labeled logical was just a bit of unpartitioned space. Thinking that might be the problem I'm waiting right now while that bit of free space gets merged with the rest of the partition. Do you think that is what was doing it?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It *could* be. Normally the remainder of free space that can't be allocated to a partition due to boundaries is just left raw.

Vasid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It *could* be. Normally the remainder of free space that can't be allocated to a partition due to boundaries is just left raw.
Well sadly getting rid of that raw space didn't fix the issue, loaded up the drive this morning and it's still not showing all the gamecube games loaded up on it. And I'm back to having no clue what to do other than wait for the y-cable I ordered. We'll see if that fixes things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    What Network is it on? I wanna see what you guys are talking about. N What time frame is it on? :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's Amazon prime
    Cool. I got Prime
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    prime deez nuts
    okies :D put 'em here :O
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The mutated Axolotl was awesome
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bet you don't pirate game either
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They really wanna get the head
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Be really careful out there. There are people who use trans people to their advantage, and its really sad in general. :(
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nobody is safe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: im still curious as to what a chaser is tho