Games not showing their icons on the menu

AshuraMage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, I downloaded the 3 Gyakuten Saiban games on my Wii and they don't show their icon, nor they banners on the menu, only these black squares. The games play normally, but the lack of banner is just strange.

In case it's important, my Wii is american and these games are japanese.

Do any of you know how to make their icons appear?
IMG_20220118_201306.jpg

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay, I downloaded the 3 Gyakuten Saiban games on my Wii and they don't show their icon, nor they banners on the menu, only these black squares. The games play normally, but the lack of banner is just strange.

In case it's important, my Wii is american and these games are japanese.

Do any of you know how to make their icons appear?
IMG_20220118_201306.jpg
Oh my god, how are you still able to boot with Japanese wads installed in an American console?

Anyway.

My initial guess is that Japanese Wads must be expecting to show a certain resolution that's exclusive to Japanese Wii consoles?

Maybe the wads are modified in some way to not show icons?

Reactions: jeannotte

AshuraMage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i dont think Japanese wads can show their icon unless on a Japanese wii correct me if im wrong tho
I also downloaded Akumajou Dracula and Akumajou Densetsu and they show their icons, however, the name was blank, so I had to put a name in CustomizeMii, but the icon and banner showed from the start

AshuraMage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh my god, how are you still able to boot with Japanese wads installed in an American console?

Anyway.

My initial guess is that Japanese Wads must be expecting to show a certain resolution that's exclusive to Japanese Wii consoles?

Maybe the wads are modified in some way to not show icons?
I did some patches in Start Patch 4.3 to make the Wii Region Free.

I thought about that and even considered trying to change my wii's region to Japan with AnyRegion Changer, but I don't know how to change my system menu's region, so I could cause a semi-brick with that.

I don't think so, cuz I downloaded the wads from 3 different places and all of them had this error, but started normally

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games were released for the NTSC region, you can use those unless you want to play them in Japanese?
Check in Priiloader if there's an option like "WiiWare region free", "Region Free everything" etc..
Also see if the icon appears in USBLoaderGX or Wiiflow.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I did some patches in Start Patch 4.3 to make the Wii Region Free.

I thought about that and even considered trying to change my wii's region to Japan with AnyRegion Changer, but I don't know how to change my system menu's region, so I could cause a semi-brick with that.

I don't think so, cuz I downloaded the wads from 3 different places and all of them had this error, but started normally
Man you're taking a huge risk just to play games that works perfectly in their NTSC-U counterparts.
But yeah, I understand... I guess.

As far as I know Japanese Wads aren't working fine in American Consoles.

I have StarBlade which is Japanese Exclusive, installed in my NTSCU console.

There's a patch to make the font back to normal because it won't display properly.

It requires to get the StarBlade.wad file, break it down, install the patch, and put it back together to a functional wad file once again.

I think it might be a solution for what you want to do, BUT don't ask me how, nor where to get the patches for these wads... I don't think someone else has actually created patches for these specific Japanese wads. But I might be wrong about this last part, I mean, the internet is a pretty big place, and it's something you could do yourself with the appropriate tools... I think.

Info about StarBlade patching: https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-me-release-this-starblade-vc-arcade-translation.350059/

AshuraMage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The games were released for the NTSC region, you can use those unless you want to play them in Japanese?
Check in Priiloader if there's an option like "WiiWare region free", "Region Free everything" etc..
Also see if the icon appears in USBLoaderGX or Wiiflow.
I downloaded Priiloader, enabled these options and nothing changed, they still don´t show their icon

AshuraMage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man you're taking a huge risk just to play games that works perfectly in their NTSC-U counterparts.
But yeah, I understand... I guess.

As far as I know Japanese Wads aren't working fine in American Consoles.

I have StarBlade which is Japanese Exclusive, installed in my NTSCU console.

There's a patch to make the font back to normal because it won't display properly.

It requires to get the StarBlade.wad file, break it down, install the patch, and put it back together to a functional wad file once again.

I think it might be a solution for what you want to do, BUT don't ask me how, nor where to get the patches for these wads... I don't think someone else has actually created patches for these specific Japanese wads. But I might be wrong about this last part, I mean, the internet is a pretty big place, and it's something you could do yourself with the appropriate tools... I think.

Info about StarBlade patching: https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-me-release-this-starblade-vc-arcade-translation.350059/
thx for the suggestion, but I don´t think that would help, mainly because the guy couldn´t alter what´s my main problem: the banner.
But the game looks interesting, I should give it a go

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s