OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to run games from the SD menu, once they're removed from the Wii menu.

I had 3.4U with HBC already installed.
I used this guide to downgrade to 3.2U: http://wehackwii.pbwiki.com/News
Then I used this guide to upgrade to 4.0 (using cIOS rev9, instead of rev8): http://wehackwii.pbwiki.com/News+-+System+Menu+v4

I can install games to the Wii using Wad Manager 1.3 and they work on the menu. I can also copy them to the SD card and play them (while they're still installed on the menu).
But, I can't play games on the SD menu, once I remove them from the Wii menu. When I run it, it says "This channel cannot be launched on this wii console."
Games that I bought from the Wii Shop works fine, though (even if they're not on the Wii Menu).
I also heard that SD menu games won't work if you access the Wii Shop, which I did.
Someone also said to use the IOS60 Patcher to fix this problem, but I've tried it and it still won't work.

I'm installing wads using Wad Manager 1.3, then I use the Wii to COPY them to SD card, then I uninstall them with Wad Manager 1.3.
Is that how it's done? Or do I install with WM1.3, and use the Wii to MOVE them over to the SD card? Would this leave something over from the WM1.3 installation?

Can somebody please help me?

D

Deleted User

Akuma147 said:
I'm installing wads using Wad Manager 1.3, then I use the Wii to COPY them to SD card, then I uninstall them with Wad Manager 1.3.
Is that how it's done? Or do I install with WM1.3, and use the Wii to MOVE them over to the SD card? Would this leave something over from the WM1.3 installation?

Can somebody please help me?

First, you should really use the move function.

Second, if you uninstall a WAD, you'll remove the ticket (The thing that makes the game playable).

D

Deleted User

But all moving does is "Copy" the channel to the SD Card, then "Delete" it. So the delete step is unnecessary.

Akuma147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so if I use the move command, the ticket information will be still be there? To get rid of the ticket information, do I just move it from the SD back to the Wii menu, then use WM1.3 to remove it?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"This channel cannot be launched on this wii console." is the message you get when the game is from a different region, are you sure that the games that dont work are region free or are from your region, because games that are from a different region dont work when run from the SD Menu.

D

Deleted User

Tanas said:
"This channel cannot be launched on this wii console." is the message you get when the game is from a different region, are you sure that the games that dont work are region free or are from your region, because games that are from a different region dont work when run from the SD Menu.

No, if the region mismatch, the error that would come out is "This game can't be launched".

QUOTE(Akuma147 @ Apr 8 2009, 10:39 AM) Ok, so if I use the move command, the ticket information will be still be there?
Yes
To get rid of the ticket information, do I just move it from the SD back to the Wii menu, then use WM1.3 to remove it?
No, just uninstall the WAD. The channel probably is still there in the SD Card menu though.

Oh and Topic Creator, next time, use search or post in the NOOB QUESTION section.

Akuma147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help, it's working now. Moving was what I needed to do, which I figured would need to be done, but I was afraid that the ticket information would remain on the console, with no way to removing it.

"No, just uninstall the WAD. The channel probably is still there in the SD Card menu though."
Oh, so I don't have to have the game back on the Wii menu, to uninstall? That would save a lot of time.

Thanks!

yduncan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got the same issue, but a little different circumstance. I've got the HBC installed and can install wads, but no matter what I do (move, or copy) I can't play wads off of my SD card. This is probably because I have updated through nintendo to 4.0, no using Waninkoko's updater. My question is if I use wadmanager to install cIOS60 or 61 now, will that brick my wii? Or should I downgrade and then re-upgrade?

Help a newb?

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
Im on cIOS249 to make me able to play wii games off USB, if i install cIOS60 will it counteract the USB enabling firmware?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the patched IOS60

EDIT: o wait, you did that. Your problem is that you're uninstalling the ticket/whatever, which the Wii needs to be able to play stuff from the SD Menu.

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
afif95 said:
Tanas said:

No, if the region mismatch, the error that would come out is "This game can't be launched".

QUOTE(Akuma147 @ Apr 8 2009, 10:39 AM) Ok, so if I use the move command, the ticket information will be still be there?
Yes
To get rid of the ticket information, do I just move it from the SD back to the Wii menu, then use WM1.3 to remove it?
No, just uninstall the WAD. The channel probably is still there in the SD Card menu though.

Oh and Topic Creator, next time, use search or post in the NOOB QUESTION section.

I just want to clarify something here. i am in a similar situation at the moment, 4.1J firmware updated, homebrew working fine, bootmii all good. i can play my backups, i can play my us imports (i have japanese wii, i live in japan) through region free homebrew apps.

now once i install the wads with a wad installer, and then move them to the sd card, the channels are no longer on the console and i can play the files off the sd card fine (i have to go through homebrew, fire up the menu loader app and enable region free channels, but ive always had to do this, wanting to play english games on my japanese wii).

but like one person who posted here before, i am worried about the ticket info remaining behind in my console. so i read your last comment, and you said just unistall the wad. so after moving the wad, i went into homebrew, used wad uninstaller (to hopefully just remove the ticket stuff). it did its thing, but then when i go back to the sd card menu and try to fire up the vc game, it wont work again....

please help me out.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not working because you uninstalled the tickets for your games. The Wii NEEDS them there in order for you to launch games from your SD Card.

Also, you should use StartPatch or Preloader to make your System Menu region free. That way you don't have to use any kind of a rebooter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on