stunae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

After I manually updated ReiNX(v1.7), I started having issue loading the backup games that I installed before the update. I got two types of error messages:

"The software was closed because an error occurred." on the games I installed before
and
"The Nintendo Account used to purchase this software has been unlinked or this console is no longer set as linked console for that account" on the games that I installed before and alter deleted the ticket via Tinfoil (just for test purpose).

I tried to remove the game and reinstall it in Tinfoil, but does not help. On the other hand, I am able to load the games I purchase in eshop before and the backup game that I first install after the update.

Anyone can share their thought on this? Thank you!

stunae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I do see ticket installation fail message in those games. However, in the games that I first install after the update, I do see that message too.

stunae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I could try that. However, I found this could be some game ticket issue as I am able to pay the game I purchased and the backup games installed after the update. For some reason, removing the game I installed before doesn't erase it entirely because reinstall them gave me the same errors.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I could try that. However, I found this could be some game ticket issue as I am able to pay the game I purchased and the backup games installed after the update. For some reason, removing the game I installed before doesn't erase it entirely because reinstall them gave me the same errors.
That's because the ticket is used to launch the games (and are installed when the game is installed via Tinfoil in conjunction with a CFW that supports ES/IPS patching). I just don't understand how they launched previously if they gave an error during installation.

stunae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying ticket installation is required to launch a game? I have installed and launched a couple games with ticket installation failures :unsure:

stunae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of ReiNX worked without tickets?
Just installed a couple backups with ticket failures in version v1.7. They all launch. However, I am not sure about the version I had before since I was never paying attention to that.

stunae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then the only thing I can think of is when the ticket installation failed, you already had tickets for those titles in your system. The only content that can launch without tickets are .XCI and .XCI to .NSP converted files.

I just rolled back to v1.2 and now I have the same error running the games I installed before. What else could I mess up beside ReiNX? If it is the ticket issue, would I get "The software was closed because an error occurred." or the other "unlinked software" error?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just rolled back to v1.2 and now I have the same error running the games I installed before. What else could I mess up beside ReiNX? If it is the ticket issue, would I get "The software was closed because an error occurred." or the other "unlinked software" error?
The first one could be due to a multitude of issues such as installing an update or your firmware being too low. However the second error is due to lacking the tickets being installed into your system to launch the title.

stunae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first one could be due to a multitude of issues such as installing an update or your firmware being too low. However the second error is due to lacking the tickets being installed into your system to launch the title.

Hmm any suggestion to fix this? Just tried RajNX (v0751) and same issue. My current firmware is 5.1.0.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm any suggestion to fix this? Just tried RajNX (v0751) and same issue. My current firmware is 5.1.0.
I thought you resolved the issue already when you tried using Version 1.7?
Just installed a couple backups with ticket failures in version v1.7. They all launch. However, I am not sure about the version I had before since I was never paying attention to that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse