OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey,
there are lots of top10 and top20 games topics in this forum. those lists mostly contain the same titles over and over again.

now i am curious, what games have you played and enjoyed one will not find in such a top list? i am not talking about those japanese pearls noone played because noone was able to but about those overlooked and underrated us and eu releases that would score 60% or less in any common review out there.

let's dig out some good titles the average top10listplayer like me has not played yet but should!

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Spiderman 2
- A DS launch game that wasn't that bad in all honesty. It's quite fun and the 2D-3D works well. It gets kind of tedious towards the end, but I enjoyed most of it.

Another Code - Two Memories,
- Great game. Many overlook it or haven't played it, but it really deserves a play through considering how short it is.

Pac n Roll,
- A fun little game with a quirky control system. Gets tedious but worth playing.

SpongeBob Squarepants - The Yellow Avenger,
- A fairly good platform game which is quite surprising. The graphics are impressive for DS too.

The Sims - Urbz in the City
- I normally hate these new Sims games but found this one surpisngly addictive for some unknown reason.

True Swing Golf
- If you like golf games you'll probably like this. Until Mario Golf DS shows up.

King Kong
- Yeh. I am joking, hehe. Steaming pile of a game.

Can't think of anymore atm...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A fine idea for a thread here.

GBA games but medabots RPGs, not the AX games. There are a bunch more other games too

DS wise Snowboard kids was pretty fun as was Harvest time hop and fly. There was a few Japanese games namely a bunch of the puzzle ones that are pretty fun but I sense they were overlooked rather than unappreciated.
I am in a bit of a rush so I will leave it up to others to name names.

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kim possible: kimmunicator (ds) -- short, easy and enjoyable
stuntman (gba) -- it's a great game!
street racing syndicate (gba) -- prety decent racer

Teun

Trophies
Website
www.spore-net.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I liked Shrek super slam..
ohmy.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I liked Grand Theft Auto, but I don't think anybody elses has even heard of it...

EDIT: This is in the NDS fourm, oops lol

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah it's NDS but still why not as the GBA is 1/2 the playable nature of the beast...and I also agree that GTAA was/is excellent on there as I put some good time into it.

I've seen Point Blank and DBZ Supersonic Warriors 2 get no love here really at all. PB has most/all(?) the ranges from the PSX/arcade titles, simulations of 4 of their bigbooth party shooters, and more...very very well executed. And then well DBZ I used to be a fan of, got it for $9 from that Circuit City sale, and well it stands out as a smooth fighter with way too many options and choices of things to do that will keep you busy.

I know it's on but not on topic, but I know of a N64 game I personally really enjoyed enough to do like 2-3 times that nearly everyone wanted to see set on fire... Quest 64.
biggrin.gif
The first true full 3D RPG on consoles as far as I know and basically universally hated.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ooh I quite liked SpongeBob Squarepants - The Yellow Avenger too, for the half hour I played it, it was kinda average but more fun than I expected it to be and yeah the graphics are very impressive.

Erm I liked Puffy AmiYumi 'cos it had the music at the start... which I listened to longer than I actually played the main part of the game for lol... the game sucks btw!

And I liked Sprung (edit: haha I accidently called it Spong xD) as well... I only ended up playing it because it came with my DS originally and I think the game was stacks better than the reviews made it out to be. Kinda cheesy and weird but it was fun =). I'd certainly love to see some more dialogue driven games and/or dating games on the DS. ^^

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Awesome topic
wub.gif
. @ ConraDargo, GameRankings and all the internet based review sites are a joke man, they gave The Legend of Dragoon, one of my fav RPGs ever (and I played a lot of them, basically only genre I actively play, like every day) 55% ;D. Anyways, this topic is great because there's always a lot of haters out there which may prevent you from checking a game. Personally, I absolutely LOVE Final Fantasy VIII, my first Final Fantasy ever, while some people hate it. It's hard to understand, but meh, I'm happy with it
tongue.gif

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trace Memory / Another Code - I love adventure games like this, they need to make more. It wasn't the greatest adventure game ever made, but it's still one of my favourite DS games.

Miss Spider Harvest Time Hop & Fly - Haha, easiest game I have ever played. But for some reason, I just couldn't put it down. That has to be saying something...

True Swing Golf - Great control/gameplay, boring presentation. If only it was Mario Golf...

edit: One more game that I actually really like alot is Ford Racing DS. It's actually a decent DS racing game, and the touch screen steering is pretty fun too...

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
another code is a great game, yeah its short. didnt stop me from enjoying it tho.

asphalt urban GT, its not that bad a game, seriously.

NFSU2DS, i like this game.. I still play it pretty often, good racing physics, its more like a rally game but all the tracks are in the city, because you have to always read the road ahead of you and where you'll need to be for perfect drifting etc

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gakkou wo Tsukurou Advance
Anyone know this?

Thought so
wink.gif

A game where you're Principal of a school, and you fight bad students ala Dragon-Quest. RPG stats, magic attacks, and sim-like management combine for much fun =)

Konamix02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SHAQ FU WAS DA SHIT BACK IN DA DAY
It's like the black folks Street Fighter(I know personally)
"Hey wanna go play Street Fighter?"
"Hell nah I wanna whup yo ass at Shaq Fu!"
It was best on the Sega because it had better graphics and sound.

Asphalt Urban GT was kinda good
And DragonBall Z is good too. My Supercard got that corruption thing and I forgot to backup my saves so now I have to complete that and THAS all over again. THAS is no thing to beat but DBZ is hell to get 100% like I had it before.

EDIT: Does PicoDrive have good emulation because I feel like playing Shaq Fu again

Purple

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Metroid Prime Pinball!!

and I agree with Battles of Prince of Persia and Another Code.

and one that should be mentioned even though it's for the GameCube is Odima!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Bitbyte I agree completely with you about the aggregate scores sites, check out Game Revolutions blasting of them if have not already: http://www.gamerevolution.com/feature/meta

However I must say The Legend of Dragoon was poor, I tried so hard to like that game but no it was not going to happen. Saying that my friend also thought it was fantastic.

To add on to my earlier list, I actually partially enjoyed Lunar Dragon Saga for the DS. Granted the whole run/health loss buisness was a major drag and deserving of a rom hack at some point but that aside it was not that bad (Story or engine wise).

Another for the GBA games list: the shining soul series, I gather many hate it but I enjoyed it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended