Hacking Games no longer play(WTF?!)

ohbugger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section, but it's a problem between my DSi and the games.

I've been playing Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals via my R4 card - it's a great game!

The other day I went to play and I got a "load errcode 4"; I've looked all over the net for a solution but every time I'm finding the same advice: update the firmware to play.

My problem though IS NOT that the game wouldn't play, but that the game suddenly doesn't play anymore.

I've now noticed that the same thing happens on my other card with Zhu Zhu Pets

Some of the users here are incredibly tech-savvy, so I signed up hoping to find a way of fixing this issue.

FYI: R4i 1.41 card, start up kit (whatever it's called) downloaded from r4i-gold.com (as it appears on the cartridge). I've been to the site for an update just in case but can't find any 1.41 updates (not even the original pack I installed on my micro hd).

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try backing up the contents of your memory card and formating it with the panasonic SD formatter and then add all your crap back to your memory card...

ohbugger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I tried it and it didn't work - same problem with the same game (only).

Oh, I just noticed that you recommended using a program other than Windows' build-in format. I'll let you know how this turned out.

ohbugger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, the game wouldn't play (Eur version, Venom, I think), so I tracked down the US_NDS_iND version and for a few days it played perfectly. Unfortunately, just as I was massively into it, it refused to play. I'm wondering now if it's not just the game and my card...

It's a shame but I'll have to go back to Castlevania.

Thanks everyone for the help (I'll check back here in case any other ideas surface).

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

errcode=-4 : Caused by not having the required loading data for that particular DS Normal game in infolib.

means the kernel on the cart needs to be updated

download RGF's Kernel
R4i-Gold - www.r4i-gold.com (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder)
http://filetrip.net/...679-f28233.html

Working as Dual Boot (Keep your ORIGINAL)
so you boot the YSMenu.nds before anything else

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: