Games n Music Question

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by darkmike57, Sep 8, 2007.

Sep 8, 2007

Games n Music Question by darkmike57 at 7:02 PM (1,491 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. darkmike57
    OP

Newcomer darkmike57 Newbie

United States
    I had originally posted this in the wrong section and i think posting here would get me a more knowlegdable response.

Since i have the games n music, which can be used like a passcard with no memory stick inserted, do i still have to buy a passcard 3 to make the M3 lite compatible?

And is it possible to flash my DS lite with JUST a games n music?

Thanks,
    -Mike

2. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    It runs homebrew so it should be able to flash, just like any other slot 1 that plays homebrew.

3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    And you don't need a passcard 3. If you have another passme device (such as your games n music, whatever it is) it works as well.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    With the GnM, I believe you have to eject the microSD card to use it as a NoPass, but it will indeed work once you do that.

5. qjopera

Newcomer qjopera Advanced Member

United States
    Nice question now here is mine why is the games n music so shitty????? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. woody2010

Newcomer woody2010 Newbie

United States
    [​IMG] You dont need to eject the micro sd card to use as a nopass device, but it will still only boot to the games n' music menu. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. hollabackitsobi

Member hollabackitsobi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The only thing you really need to know about the GnM is that is in fact, quite fucking horrible. After you're done using it for whatever you're using it for (flashing, you say?) I'd sell that POS.

8. TeenDev

Member TeenDev GBAtemp's Original Hipster

United States

I disagree, it works perfectly fine with homebrew, the only reason not to get it is if you are a fucking pirate...

9. cutterjohn

Member cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, I have to add that when I picked up my DS Lite, I also grabbed one of these suckers as it was the ONLY slot-1 card that I could get at the same time.

It's worked with EVERY DLDI homebrew that I've tried it with using the v1 chism DLDI and the stock 128M uSD. Worked just fine for my 3in1 plus Rudolph's 3in1 Exp Pack program too.

But all of that said, I've got a Cyclo DS Evolution on the way as well plus some 2G uSD cards from newegg, as I don't like the GnM shell and I KNOW that I'll eventually want more than 2G of storage.

Did anyone ever find out if the GnM firmware is onboard FLASH RAM or ROM? Just asking as I didn't notice anything that looked like system files on the uSD that came with it...

[EDIT]
    REAL flash carts, e.g. R4 DS, Supercard DS one, M3 Simply, M3 DS Real, etc. simply work SO much BETTER than this POS, that I'm revising my appraisal of it to a: use-only-in-case-of-emergency card.

The card is slow, homebrew compatibility is poor-fair(lousy v. above), and the DLDI driver had to be hacked to mostly work, and it really doesn't work all that well.

Also if you use it with a 3in1 via one of the homebrew loaders be VERY careful about what you load into FLASH, as it white screens instead of loading it's browser if it thinks the 3in1 is a real GBA cart. It also white screened on two other real GBA carts that I tested with after finding that out, and I would guess that it may be an anti-"piracy" "feature".

My GnM boots up the shell with a version number or 1.3 BTW.
    [/EDIT]