Games like ChibiRobo:park patrol?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by blainy, Aug 10, 2009.

Aug 10, 2009
  1. blainy
    OP

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    ok, so i have recently been playing A LOT of ChibiRobo:Parkpatrol, and am looking for similar games. i am currently looking at reviews for its sequel, so that doesnt need reccomending, as i know about that one..

2. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    hmm do you have ps2 there's this little game called ichigeki sacchu hoi hoi san other than that i don't know that much, what criteria are you searching for?

3. blainy
    OP

Australia
    i have a DS. i can borrow my bro's ps2, but its a hassle, as he has to drive 4 hours to drop it off, so really, i am only looking for DS titles at this stage. i guess really, im looking for fun, quirky first party (i assume Chibi is first party?) titles..

4. -Nintendork-

Newcomer -Nintendork- Newbie

United States
    If you have a gamecube, you should pick up the original Chibi-Robo. Its extremely fun.

5. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I would say try picking up the original, if you haven't tried it already. Also try Harvest Moon, because they are similar games in terms of building up a park/farm.

6. blainy
    OP

Australia

for starters, i DO NOT have a gamecube at all, so the original is not an option for me. harvest moon doesnt have the same feel that i am looking for.

currently, i have found that there is a new version of Chibi for the DS that is japan only that i am looking into currently, so hopefully that doesn't take too much to work out.

7. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    May I ask what aspect of Chibi Robo you liked in particular, because that could help us pinpoint similar games? Was is the building up the park or was it the way the minigames were made? Any minigame in particular?

So far the only thing I have is Elebits, which is a bit more RPG-y except you walk around shaking objects to find creatures hiding under rocks or in trees.

8. blainy
    OP

Australia

it was the all round quirk of the game that drew me in. not one part in particular. the characters appeal to me too..yes, the park building was part of what i enjoyed, but really, it was the whole Chibi experience over all..my main reason for liking Chibi tho, is that it is relaxing to play, and i find it therapeutic when i am in the middle of one of bouts of insomnia.

9. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Well, I don't know if we can help you. Chibi is indeed unique; it's the only game like it I've ever played.

10. nagareboshi

Member nagareboshi GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Probably Animal Crossing? I don't know [​IMG]