Hacking Games Lagging on PS3 (Rogero 4.30)

DavidPS3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello Guys , Glad to join this forum .

I am kind of new to this PS3 hobby (Had one lying at home about year and a half) , Now its time to use it ...

Last few days i read about my PS3 .
It is slim PS3 , Came with Rogero 4.30 CFW , And Multiman 4.08 .
Today i updated Multiman to 4.78 , And when installing new games like PRO Evolution 2016 and WRC 5 , NBA 16K , After launching the games they gave me error message something like this:

The game requires 4.78 firmware version

Do you want to change it to your current 4.30 version?

Note: The operation will fix 80010009 errors for 4.20-431fw games/updates if files are encrypted with 4.20/0x1c or lower key revision

When selecting yes , The games launches , But it is either laggy , or graphics is not that good ..
I wonder if you guys familiar with this error , And does upgrading to other CFW is recommended ?
Like Rebug 4.78 ? Or maybe latest rogero firmware ? (Which is ?)

david

Last edited by DavidPS3,

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hello Guys , Glad to join this forum .

I am kind of new in the PS3 hobby (Had one lying at home about year and a half) , Now its time to use it ...

Last few days i read about my PS3 .
It is slim PS3 , Came with Rogero 4.30 CFW , And Multiman 4.08 .
Today i updated Multiman to 4.78 , And when installing new games like PRO Evolution 2016 and WRC 5 , NBA 16K , After lunching the games they gave me error message something like this:

The game requires 4.78 firmware version

Note: The operation will fix 80010009 errors for 4.20-431fw games/updates if files are encrypted with 4.20/0x1c or lower key revision

When selecting yes , The games lunches , But it is either laggy , or graphics not that good ..
I wonder if you guys familiar with this error , And does upgrading to other CFW is recommended ?

david
Laggy and graphics not looking good? That's probably how the game looks and plays, no error there.

Last edited by GamerzHell9137,

DavidPS3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
no
Laggy and graphics not looking good? That's probably how the game looks and plays, no error there.
Your saying the games should run like that ?
I DOUBT IT , I played a game or two in my life (I have some experience on PC) and when games runs like this it must be some kind of a problem ...
Other new games like wwe 16 and other new games did not gave the above error and they run great .... I hope someone who is familiar with this error \ games could help little bit more about that ..

Also
does upgrading to other CFW is recommended ?

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
no

Your saying the games should run like that ?
I DOUBT IT , I played a game or two in my life (I have some experience on PC) and when games runs like this it must be some kind of a problem ...
Other new games like wwe 16 and other new games did not gave the above error and they run great .... I hope someone who is familiar with this error \ games could help little bit more about that ..

Also
does upgrading to other CFW is recommended ?
I think its how the games play on the system. Google and see on youtube how the games plays and compare if its the same.
If not then it could be that something's wrong with the HDD, most likely dying.
And
|The game requires 4.78 firmware version

Note: The operation will fix 80010009 errors for 4.20-431fw games/updates if files are encrypted with 4.20/0x1c or lower key revision"

is not an error, just says that it needs to encrypt the game to be able to run it on your system. That's normal stuff with new games.

DavidPS3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi Again
Not that i needed that , But i did watch the gameplay on youtube (For NBA 2k16) and the differences are huge .. Mine is simply slow motion \ Lagging this specific game , While on youtube it is much smoother ...
More issues with WRC 5 which is also runs better than NBA 2K16 but not smoothly like other games ...

I must say that other games run perfect ... Like GTA V , FIFA 2016 , and some others more ...

so i think before i will check \ replace the HDD i will try updating my firmware from Rogero 4.30 to What do you recomend ?
Rebug 4.78 or Maybe newer version of Rogero ? (btw which version is the latest from rogero) ?

also i wanted to ask , the cfw (from my pc knowledge) when updating any firmware from any device it is usually being installed on the on-board flash memory ...
is it the same on PS3 ? the CFW Will be installed on the PS3 Flash Mem \ Nano ?

because i ready some info it is going to be installed on HDD ? if so than why ? (Read only Mem ?)

Best Regards

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rogero is just really old.
Get REBUG. http://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-78-1-cobra-7-2-toolbox-2-02-09-jan-26th-2016/
Before updating, I recommend installing Toggle QA and then checking if it works.
Better to be safe than sorry.
If it doesn't work, you're out of compatibility range

Some precautions
Turn off Automatic Updating (kinda obvious)
Turn off the Wifi
Remove game discs from BD drive because they contain OFW updates on it (known as PS3_UPDATE folder in backups)

For actual CFW installation, on USB, make a folder called PS3 then a subfolder called UPDATE
Put the CFW .PUP in USB:/PS3/UPDATE and rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP
Plug USB in RIGHTMOST port and go to System Settings--> System Update --> Update via Storage Media (This is crucial)
Wait for it to go through the two screens of loading and then it'll reboot or turn off.

When you're done, you should get the Rebug scorpion logo on launch screen.
Install REBUG Toolbox afterwards in case you need to switch something.

Last edited by CheeseCake,

DavidPS3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Rogero is just really old.
Get REBUG. http://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-78-1-cobra-7-2-toolbox-2-02-09-jan-26th-2016/
Before updating, I recommend installing Toggle QA and then checking if it works.
Better to be safe than sorry.
If it doesn't work, you're out of compatibility range

Some precautions
Turn off Automatic Updating (kinda obvious)
Turn off the Wifi
Remove game discs from BD drive because they contain OFW updates on it (known as PS3_UPDATE folder in backups)

For actual CFW installation, on USB, make a folder called PS3 then a subfolder called UPDATE
Put the CFW .PUP in USB:/PS3/UPDATE and rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP
Plug USB in RIGHTMOST port and go to System Settings--> System Update --> Update via Storage Media (This is crucial)
Wait for it to go through the two screens of loading and then it'll reboot or turn off.

When you're done, you should get the Rebug scorpion logo on launch screen.
Install REBUG Toolbox afterwards in case you need to switch something.

Hello Sir
I really appreciate your detailed reply , One problem , I downloaded TOGGLE QA
And after copying it to my usb drive i installed it through the XMB -> Games - > Install Package files
After pressing X to start Toggle QA it tries to run (Black screen for few sec) and than an error message: " An error occured during the start operation. (80010017)"

What should i do now ? i tried reboot and give it second attempt but same error occurred .
what should i do now ?

thanks a lot for your help
David

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, it probably isn't working out for you.
The original file hasn't been updated in a while, it goes up to 4.21 now that I think about it.

Just go straight to REBUG CFW, it has auto support of Toggle QA in REBUG Toolbox.

DavidPS3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Yea, it probably isn't working out for you.
The original file hasn't been updated in a while, it goes up to 4.21 now that I think about it.

Just go straight to REBUG CFW, it has auto support of Toggle QA in REBUG Toolbox.

OK Sir , I must say again THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOU DETAILED REPLY, I did exactly what you told me , And installed the REBUG 4.78 REX , After rebooting system i did saw the REBUG Logo , And what a surprise the NBA GAME Runs PERFECTLY , Without changing any HDD or any other change , Just firmware update ... I did had a feeling my self it could solve it since on pc those kind of stuff usually causes by GPU drivers .... so i am glad you "Pushed" me to update my firmware which solve the problem ... Thank you very much again .

ONE More question i asked above i still did not got reply about it , hope you or anyone else could reply

also i wanted to ask , the cfw (from my pc knowledge) when updating any firmware from any device it is usually being installed on the on-board flash memory ...
is it the same on PS3 ? the CFW Will be installed on the PS3 Flash Mem \ Nano ?

because i ready some info it is going to be installed on HDD ? if so than why ? (Read only Mem ?)

All the best
David

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol