iamok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello friends,

No matter what I seem to try my games seem to freeze(there is a long beep) and stop working after anywhere between few seconds or up to 20 minutes of game play, forcing me to manually shut of my console. I've tried everything, but the problem never changes.

important info first
-I'm using a 32gb north american console on 5.5.1U
-no cfw installed on WII U itself, launcher is opened from browser
-US version of games downloaded using usb helper and Utik download helper
-various 64gb SD cards where used (formatted to fat32)
- Games tested are BOTW and Pikamn 3
- other games work fine when played from the disk and have never frozen before

Initially I tried installing the games and updates on to a 128gb usb 3.0 stick using WUP installer. No dice. From there I deleted the updates and installed them directly from Nintendo servers. Also no dice. I tried again using a different download of the files and on different usb sticks to no success. From there I tried installing games to NAND and again downloading updates from Nintendo, but this changed nothing. I repeated the above using different versions of WUP installer (latest, gx2, Y mod), this also changed nothing. I also tried a factory reset (delete all content). At this point I can't think of anything else to try; all advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

D

Deleted User

It seems to be hardware-related issue. Others experience it, others don't.
So, try checking if fan is doing it's job correctly perhaps?

iamok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems to be hardware-related issue. Others experience it, others don't.
So, try checking if fan is doing it's job correctly perhaps?
Thanks for the response; the fan seems to be working just fine. What confuses me is why games run fine from the disk, yet freeze constantly when played off NAND or USB.

D

Deleted User

Thanks for the response; the fan seems to be working just fine. What confuses me is why games run fine from the disk, yet freeze constantly when played off NAND or USB.
It's probably hardware problem like i said before. Might be something with memory itself.

eldavo2090

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I have a question...
Have been playing breath of the wild and the game freezes at an specific point in the map, so I decided to install a different dump of the game.
Now, if I install another dump of the game but it's from the same region will it wipe out my save data?
Because that happened me once with Smash but being honest I don't remember the exact conditions that caused the issue...
Thanks in advance

D

Deleted User

Hello, I have a question...
Have been playing breath of the wild and the game freezes at an specific point in the map, so I decided to install a different dump of the game.
Now, if I install another dump of the game but it's from the same region will it wipe out my save data?
Because that happened me once with Smash but being honest I don't remember the exact conditions that caused the issue...
Thanks in advance
Go to Data Managment and press BotW. Delete Software data and update data manually. [This way you will keep your saves]

iamok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's sounds like your system could be the culprit. Do you own any retail games digitally on your account that you could test? it would rule out hardware issues.
I do not, but sounds like it's worth trying. I'll see if there is anything free or cheap I can download and then I'll report back. Thanks for the suggestion !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: