Vipera

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My left hand will be "unavailable" for a while but I'd hate to stop gaming because of this. What are the best games I can play with one hand? I have Song Summoner and Faerie Solitaire. I have already played the whole AoE + AoM serie and I'm not gonna finish the Forgotten campaigns without hotkeys.

Please no Microsoft consoles, Sony (except PS1/PSP), GC/Wii and Wii U. I don't hate them, I just don't own them and I cba setting up PS2 and Wii again.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
"unavailable" aye... I don't think I'm allowed to recommend the games you are looking for here ;)

More seriously, If this is going to be a long time without your left hand I would suggest getting a gaming mouse with macro keys like the logitech g600 or razer naga, there are cheaper alternatives but those are the main ones, My g600 lets me play lots of games one handed however its a little awkward for FPS games.

Otherwise if thats not an option.
- Roller coaster tycoon series (might want to start with 3 although 1 Is my favorite and 2 is arguably the best)
- Osu (you can play one handed until you start playing competitively)
- Hearthstone or Scrolls
- Starcraft II arcade tower defence games (these are free )
- Any 4x style strategy game like Civilization, Heroes of might and magic (3 and 5 are my favorites) or Age of wonders (3 came out recently and its good)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You can play games like this with just one hand:

20080726_Breakout_Revolution_WIP_(XBOX_360_Game).jpg

It's called Breakout on Xbox and guess the same applies for the other versions.

Vipera

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"unavailable" aye... I don't think I'm allowed to recommend the games you are looking for here ;)

More seriously, If this is going to be a long time without your left hand I would suggest getting a gaming mouse with macro keys like the logitech g600 or razer naga, there are cheaper alternatives but those are the main ones, My g600 lets me play lots of games one handed however its a little awkward for FPS games.

Otherwise if thats not an option.
- Roller coaster tycoon series (might want to start with 3 although 1 Is my favorite and 2 is arguably the best)
- Osu (you can play one handed until you start playing competitively)
- Hearthstone or Scrolls
- Starcraft II arcade tower defence games (these are free )
Yeah I didn't specify it's because of a surgery because I thought no one would've been too immature to make stupid sexual jokes. Oh well, at least you edited. It's going to be unavailable for a while, but not enough to justify a new mouse.
I don't like Osu and Heartstone, but I might try Roller coaster tycoon. Do you know where I can get it for the lowest price and compatible with 7?
Plenty of iOS and Android games fit that requirement, granted that those games are very casual.
I don't own an iPhone or an Android phone, and the stuff on Windows Phone is terrible. If you have a specific title to suggest I'm more than happy to hear.

You can play games like this with just one hand:

snip

It's called Breakout on Xbox and guess the same applies for the other versions.

I'm almost done with Alpha Bounce on the DSi. After that, I'm not going to play another breakout game ever again :P

I don't want to get a too "casual" game. I would like to enjoy something good.

Reactions: KingBlank

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you set up your Wii you can play Angry Birds Trilogy and Angry Birds Star Wars, Bejewled 2, the tetris games, there's a small but fun list of one handed wii games

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd definitely recommend Fire Emblem and Advance Wars. no time limits on turns means you can take your time so even if you slow down a little due to having one hand, it works out :)
Works for any other turn-based game too, obviously.

Reactions: codeclutch

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, most games that rely on just a mouse, d-pad, or simple touch/swipes will work. If you're not averse to reading and PC gaming, there's a visual novel sale as part of the weekly Humble Bundle, although some of them are just plain bad. I still recommend paying the full $8 just for Hatoful Boyfriend, though.

Vipera

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you set up your Wii you can play Angry Birds Trilogy and Angry Birds Star Wars, Bejewled 2, the tetris games, there's a small but fun list of one handed wii games
As I wrote in my last post, I'd like to play quality games as less casual as possible. I have played those games already anyway D:
Old school point and click adventures. And the Grim Fandango Remastered is a definite must play, hand availability notwithstanding.
I saw the trailer. As long as it can be played with the mouse and nothing else I'm gonna play it, thanks!

I'd definitely recommend Fire Emblem and Advance Wars. no time limits on turns means you can take your time so even if you slow down a little due to having one hand, it works out :)
Works for any other turn-based game too, obviously.
I tend to get very frustrated if I have to use often two different controls with one hand. I'd have to switch all the time, and I'm very quick at thinking in Fire Emblem (unless Shadow Dragon has touchscreen controls. Does it?).
I bought one of these back in the 90's after breaking my wrist. Worked well for turn-based RPGs.

snip
What's it called? Looks sweet.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Set up an USB DDR pad and assign to it the controls you'd normally use with your left hand. Everything else can be assigned to a controller/joystick/mouse you're holding with your right. It's not the smoothest, but it's worked for me before.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're more optimally played with mouse and keyboard for sure as it's much easier to use shortcuts and everything with the keyboard, but games like Age of Mythology and Age of Empires (especially AoE 3, my fave) are entirely playable with just a mouse. They're also somewhat aged at this point and should run on damn near any computer since the year 2005.

I'd imagine other RTS games like that or TBS games (Civilization? Sins of a Solar Empire?) will be fairly playable with just a mouse.

D

Deleted User

You can play games like the Ace Attorney series with one hand.
You just set your DS/3DS on a table or something and use your other hand to properly operate the game. Well, unless you're playing the GBA version...
If you're emulating it, you pretty much just have to use your mouse to control everything.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Any JRPG
Any SRPG
Any Visual Novel
Any point and click adventure game
Any Telltale game
Any hidden object game
Any walking simulator
Most mobile phone games
Most puzzle games
shmups if you bind shoot and bomb to shoulder buttons
DDR on a controller
board games
trading card and collectible card video games like Hearthstone
http://www.freewebarcade4.com/media/grid-16.swf
super hexagon
harvest moon games

I've heard that the ASCII grip controllers are really uncomfortable.
bDDk6Lh.jpg

Reactions: Taleweaver

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know exactly a game that requires just an hand :rofl:
Anyway like every point to click game is fine, there are a lot of those games on smartphones too. If you didn't already, I strongly reccomend 9 hourd 9 persons 9 doors and the sequel, zero escape

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're into dungeon crawlers I'd recommend legend of grimrock on steam. It has an on screen mouse only control scheme designed specifically for issues like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp