ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tend to get very frustrated if I have to use often two different controls with one hand. I'd have to switch all the time, and I'm very quick at thinking in Fire Emblem (unless Shadow Dragon has touchscreen controls. Does it?).

It does, you can use touch screen controls for anything in the game iirc. The fan translated game also has touch screen controls, so there's two Fire Emblem games with touch controls for you to play

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
999 had touch controls for searching/puzzles (the last puzzle in the good route was touch-only, I think), but I don't remember if you could advance text via touch or not.
He could always use a DS emulator. I imagine a decent gaming mouse would be great for the less touch-centric games, including 999. Zero Escape is another story, though.

Heran Bago blanket mentioned every genre that isn't action-based, so just look at that. The fact that you're limiting "casual" games will drastically limit the amount of games you can play, though.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Threes01.jpg

If its on Windows Mobile.

I was printing a shit ton of letters at work today and whilst waiting, I was able to have a crafty gaem of threes.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah I didn't specify it's because of a surgery because I thought no one would've been too immature to make stupid sexual jokes. Oh well, at least you edited. It's going to be unavailable for a while, but not enough to justify a new mouse.
I don't like Osu and Heartstone, but I might try Roller coaster tycoon. Do you know where I can get it for the lowest price and compatible with 7?

GoG had the whole series for $8 a while back. here is the first game http://www.gog.com/game/rollercoaster_tycoon_deluxe
GoG games are DRM free and win 7 compatible.

He could always use a DS emulator. I imagine a decent gaming mouse would be great for the less touch-centric games, including 999. Zero Escape is another story, though.
Some of the touch games would be great too, Kirby canvas curse for instance. DSEmu can upscale 3d ds games to 4x their normal resolution which looks amazing.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How's your hand unavailable? I had a cast from elbow to knuckles (and to the last bend of my thumb) when I broke my hand. I managed to play Batman Arkham City on Wii U (with that big ass controller)... felt strange at first but it was possible :)

D

Deleted User

Some of the touch games would be great too, Kirby canvas curse for instance. DSEmu can upscale 3d ds games to 4x their normal resolution which looks amazing.

I believe that also depends on the Magnification Filter you're using + 3D settings.
Ghost Trick looked like crap when I blew it up to 4x unless I changed Magnification Filter, etc
Speaking of Ghost Trick, that's another game you can play with one hand!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Surprised no one has mentioned the Diablo series yet. When I practically crushed my left hand that was pretty much all I played the entire time I was recovering.

I've also set up a Wii controller as a one handed controller for a cousin of mine as well for GBA/GB/C/NES/any console with just A/B/dpad controls. Just hold it vertical, use the D-pad and a and b for everything. Works surprisingly well.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised no one has mentioned the Diablo series yet. When I practically crushed my left hand that was pretty much all I played the entire time I was recovering.

I've also set up a Wii controller as a one handed controller for a cousin of mine as well for GBA/GB/C/NES/any console with just A/B/dpad controls. Just hold it vertical, use the D-pad and a and b for everything. Works surprisingly well.
I did actually think about it, but once you get to a high level, you end up with so many skills, so unless he wanted to spend a ton of time switching skills or had a gaming mouse with several buttons, it wouldn't be a good choice. That was just my opinion, though.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
One finger death punch (okay, it actually uses two fingers, but still...one hand).
Lyne (only uses the mouse...or swipes if you play the android version).
Super hexxagon
Element4l (only uses 4 'directional' buttons)
Don't starve.

...and no doubt a whole lot more (I'm just mentioning the ones I recently played)

How many buttons does your mouse have? Once I noticed diablo 3 only used 4 buttons, I rebound those to be on my mouse. The same goes for torchlight 2.

EDIT: almost forgot...didn't bayonetta had a 'one hand mode'? I'm not sure if the nintendo games have that (or that the general audience knows exactly WHY it has that :creep: )

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One finger death punch (okay, it actually uses two fingers, but still...one hand).
Lyne (only uses the mouse...or swipes if you play the android version).
Super hexxagon
Element4l (only uses 4 'directional' buttons)
Don't starve.

...and no doubt a whole lot more (I'm just mentioning the ones I recently played)

How many buttons does your mouse have? Once I noticed diablo 3 only used 4 buttons, I rebound those to be on my mouse. The same goes for torchlight 2.
Diablo 3 has 4 buttons for skills. You still need buttons for health potions (it'd be hectic to have to mouse over to the potions each time you needed them), and I can't imagine playing Diablo 3 without force stand/stop, which would bring the total to 6, unless he also wanted force move, teleport, inventory, etc.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Diablo 3 has 4 buttons for skills. You still need buttons for health potions (it'd be hectic to have to mouse over to the potions each time you needed them), and I can't imagine playing Diablo 3 without force stand/stop, which would bring the total to 6, unless he also wanted force move, teleport, inventory, etc.

I'm not going to argue on that one. You're most likely right, but I got bored of the game after finishing it on regular (with just using one hand and mousing over these things*).

*okay, perhaps I set the potions slot to one of my buttons as well...can't remember. And I have a 8-button mouse).

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I definitely wouldn't recommend Smash ;)
Not only is it going to be hard to play, but it might remind you of what happened to your hand (assuming you smashed it of course)

I would personally recommend the Layton series or Ace Attorney series for visual novel type games.
Otherwise, if you're into rhythm games and Final Fantasy music, FF Theatrhythm Curtain Call. For a Zelda-type game (whatever that genre currently is) , I think Spirit Tracks was completely stylus based?
For strategy I'd definitely go for Age of Empires 3.

There are so many though, so by the time you play a couple, your hand will hopefully heal :)

Best of regards to you, and best of luck!

D

Deleted User

I highly recommend Rhythm Heaven Fever. It only requires two buttons to play.

And Rhythm Heaven for DS can be played with one hand, too! You just need to lay your system on a table or other surface and use the touch screen.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old school point and click adventures. And the Grim Fandango Remastered is a definite must play, hand availability notwithstanding.

This. I'd recommend picking up Beneath A Steel Sky to start. Download ScummVM, and while you're on their website, you can download Beneath A Steel Sky because Revolution Software opened the game up as Freeware. After that, you can move on to Revolution's Broken Sword series (at least games 1 & 2 that were still point-and-click, and then the newly released 5 returned to the point-and-click forumula, though I haven't yet played that one).

I'm also a fan of Space Quest. the first three games were a mix between text and mouse control, but IV, V, and 6 were all mouse. They also remade Space Quest I with the engine from SQIV to be pure mouse-control (I think it's called the VGA edition). I believe these should all run in ScummVM as well. Maybe not 6?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1