Hacking Question Games go into black screen after CFW update

yNick0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Recently I updated my emuMMC on accident and couldn't start CFW again, so i decided to update atmosphere and hekate.

After updating Hekate, downloading the latest sigpatches and replacing the old atmosphere folders with the ones from the latest versions, i've managed to get CFW working again. However, every game i had installed loads into a black screen. I can't go back to the home menu, every time this happens i'm forced to power off my console and relaunch the payload.

I can't even reinstall tinfoil because the installer also gets stuck on this black screen.

So, what exactly did i do wrong? Is there any way i can fix this?

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did you delete then put the new files or you did overwrite same files ? ihav had them not launch because my install wasnt clean enough . overwriting the files didnt do , had to delete and put the new files .

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I updated my emuMMC on accident and couldn't start CFW again, so i decided to update atmosphere and hekate.

After updating Hekate, downloading the latest sigpatches and replacing the old atmosphere folders with the ones from the latest versions, i've managed to get CFW working again. However, every game i had installed loads into a black screen. I can't go back to the home menu, every time this happens i'm forced to power off my console and relaunch the payload.

I can't even reinstall tinfoil because the installer also gets stuck on this black screen.

So, what exactly did i do wrong? Is there any way i can fix this?
First off if you updated to FW 11, Tinfoil no longer works. Use Tinwoo or Goldleaf on 11.
Second you may have to re-install the games because Tinfoil was used to install, so that may be causing the problem now..

yNick0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First off if you updated to FW 11, Tinfoil no longer works. Use Tinwoo or Goldleaf on 11.
Second you may have to re-install the games because Tinfoil was used to install, so that may be causing the problem now..
Ah, that would explain the games i installed with tinfoil... However, even the games i had bought from eshop don't seem to load. Could this be related to sigpatches or the emuMMC?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: yNick0

yNick0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@BigOnYa So, i did all of this, and reinstalled a game using goldleaf. However, the game still gets stuck on a black screen for some reason.

Also, apparently my emuMMC is still on 10.2.0... could that be a reason why this error keeps happening?

Last edited by yNick0,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's wrong your statement about Tinfoil not working on 11.0.0
Just installed 2 games some minutes ago (under Atmosphere, just for the fun :D)

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks, didn't know it worked on 11

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@BigOnYa So, i did all of this, and reinstalled a game using goldleaf. However, the game still gets stuck on a black screen for some reason.

Also, apparently my emuMMC is still on 10.2.0... could that be a reason why this error keeps happening?
Maybe, don't know or use emuNand, but good luck!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't use Goldleaf as it is arguably the worst title installer. Instead, I recommend using TinWoo Installer instead.

Rainbowwizzkid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've also had a similar issue. I've had my switch modded for a while, and thought it would be a good idea to start afresh after getting alot of errors and issues from not updating

- Completely wiped and formatted 128gb SD card to FAT32
- Downloaded Atmosphère 0.19.5 from -> Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
- Downloaded the latest 0.19.5 sigpatches from -> ITotalJustice/patches/releases

But every time I try and open a game that I had previously installed on the switch internal drive, it leads me to a black screen, with no way of getting back to the home menu what-so-ever, even if I press the home button. If I hold the power button for long enough though, the usual Power Off/Sleep menu will come up, although interacting with it does nothing. In the end I had to just hold down the power button long enough to fully turn off the system.

I would try and installing other games, but the problem is TinWoo requires a game to be run and then used +R to open the applet, and Goldleaf just isnt responding to me. Anyone know what else I can try?

EDIT: I'm also on 12.1.0, if that helps

Last edited by Rainbowwizzkid,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've also had a similar issue. I've had my switch modded for a while, and thought it would be a good idea to start afresh after getting alot of errors and issues from not updating

- Completely wiped and formatted 128gb SD card to FAT32
- Downloaded Atmosphère 0.19.5 from -> Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
- Downloaded the latest 0.19.5 sigpatches from -> ITotalJustice/patches/releases

But every time I try and open a game that I had previously installed on the switch internal drive, it leads me to a black screen, with no way of getting back to the home menu what-so-ever, even if I press the home button. If I hold the power button for long enough though, the usual Power Off/Sleep menu will come up, although interacting with it does nothing. In the end I had to just hold down the power button long enough to fully turn off the system.

I would try and installing other games, but the problem is TinWoo requires a game to be run and then used +R to open the applet, and Goldleaf just isnt responding to me. Anyone know what else I can try?

EDIT: I'm also on 12.1.0, if that helps
Use DBI and its MTP feature to install your new games, and for the previous games probably tickets issues depending on witch installer you used. Are you running EmuMMC ? Or Sysnand ?

Last edited by Maupiti,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1