Games from Japan

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by duhvina, Mar 9, 2007.

Mar 9, 2007

Games from Japan by duhvina at 3:34 AM (969 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. duhvina
    OP

Newcomer duhvina Newbie

United States
    I have played all the most up-to-date English games and am getting a bit bored. I have never considered the games from Japan. Which ones are a MUST PLAY?

My favorite USA games are Trauma Center, Phoenix Wright, Elite Beat, Warioware, NewSuper Mario, Hotel Dusk....basically the fun touch ones. I enjoyed Rub Rabbits too.

Any great recommendations??

Thanks!

2. Fulcaire

Member Fulcaire GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Bleach, Jump Ultimate Stars, Daigasso! Band Brothers, Quendan, and that's all I could think off the top of my head. [​IMG]

3. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    if u liked EBA, you'll like Ouendan (which fulcaire spelled wrong), its a japanese version with japanese music. it may be much harder since you dont know any of the music though.

thats really the only one that i still play..

4. werwe

Member werwe GBAtemp Regular

I find it difficult to go back and play ouendan after playing through EBA. It's much less polished and you can't really tell what's going on in the story. I'm sure you'll end up giving it a try though.

5. blurrysarah

Newcomer blurrysarah Advanced Member

Australia
    ^ Weird, I'm the opposite. I really prefer the Japanese song list, despite not speaking the language.

6. Ryoku

Member Ryoku GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Pretty much what Fulcaire said. Jump Ultimate Stars is one of my current favorites for the DS and it IS my favorite Japanese game on the DS so far.

7. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    Daigasso! Band Brothers, and Osu Tatakae Ouendan are two music games that are the best of all the Japanese games most likely. In fact, since putting them on my cart, I haven't taken either off. I did, however, add the patched version of Band Brothers that inserts songs from the expansion pack over the ones already in game, so now I have two sets of Band Brothers and Ouendan on there. [​IMG]

8. Ryoku

Member Ryoku GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've never heard of Daigasso! Band Brothers. You just gave me something to try out [​IMG].