Hacking Games freezing at certain points, but listed as "working"

OutlawCecil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I had a roommate (who is nolonger here) install USB loader GX & Homebrew on our wii back in December. Most games work perfectly fine but I've noticed these times where it will freeze, which happens every time nomatter what I do.

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility - after playing a minigame (from the main menu or from events inside the gameplay) once the results show, everything freezes and won't continue. Holding the power button on the controller also doesn't work.

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl - I've had some random freezes but the only constant one is when trying to play a "Masterpiece" which are the classic games built in such as F-Zero, Link...etc. Every one of them freeze and the power button on the controller also stops working.

Both of these games are listed as "working" on the compatibility list for USB Loader GX so are there some settings I could try? I'm really good with computers but I'm clueless with the whole ISO### stuff I keep seeing with the wii hacks. So please be detailed if you want me to update files n stuff.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be a cIOS issue. I recommend you use 249d2x56 (99% of the time) and 250d2x57 (when necessary). Use ModMii to install these if you have no already done so. I have also had better luck with Configurable USB Loader, but that's just a personal preference.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is recommended you use d2x regardless of which loader you use. You can have USB Loader GX and Configurable USB Loader on your SD card side-by-side with no conflict.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Use cfg loader. Best loader for the Wii IMO. I've never had serious issues with it. WiiFlow is also good but I could never get it to work. Always froze on start-up.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is nothing wrong with gx and is still being updated on regular bases, unlike cfg,an wiiflow that had to be modded. :ha:
i have all three, an for awhile cfg was the best but has fallen behind along with wiiflow. as mentioned in above post, use mod mii an grab d2x v8 249/56 an d2x v8 250/57..
really with the loaders it comes down to user choice. thats all..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte