Gaming Games for concentration on other things

n84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I listen to a lot of audio lectures and things for university and I listen a lot better if I can satisfy my hands with games which require no thinking. Any ideas of good games for this purpose. Thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For such situtations I usually like a mix of quick fire brainless games and games that can quite easily be left alone for a few seconds.
In no order whatsoever:

Warioware
42 All time classics
Tetris (vs mode is great)
Advance Wars
Mr Driller
Bomberman
Pretty much any puzzle or card game (unless you count cards then avoid card games)
Side scroller like viewtiful joe
Tony Hawks games are pretty good here too.

Avoid intense platformers like Sonic, most racing games and RPG games though.

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Meteos and Tetris hands-down. I would say Electroplankton too, but then you need to listen to them instead to actually feel satisfied I guess. Maybe Nanostray too.

Razor29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Well for me any game because i developed my multi tasking skills for years by having 2 tv right next to each other and a computer right next to them (you know using the pc while playing a console and watching tv)

but in my opinion sports games such as tony hawk, Ssx and Racing games because for some reason you just start to automaticly play while you do something else and you find your self playing not good but not really bad and sometimes repeating the same thing over and over again

Rayout

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't really recommend this....you may be listening and not bored but your mind is definitely not absorbing what is being said. Go to the actual lectures ffs.

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Personally i'd say a rpg, now alot of people read this and went "WTF there's always huge plot lines and dialogues in rpg how can you concentrate on a lecture while dealing with that??!?!" Well what works for me is training my characters while listening to important stuff, makes those pointless level up battles flow like water and you're still doing what you gotta do.

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah I used to do that too! That way you kill 2 birds with 1 stone. You feel good that you got through a lec, and even better after destroying that damn "insert boss name" finally!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :shy: