Games for concentration on other things

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by n84, Nov 12, 2006.

Nov 12, 2006
  1. n84
    OP

Newcomer n84 Member

United Kingdom
    Hey, I listen to a lot of audio lectures and things for university and I listen a lot better if I can satisfy my hands with games which require no thinking. Any ideas of good games for this purpose. Thanks

2. marblearch111

Newcomer marblearch111 Member

United Kingdom
    New Mario bros is good, very quick to play aswel, doesnt require much attention

3. enoughrope

Member enoughrope GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Tetris... Racing games. Electroplankton.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    For such situtations I usually like a mix of quick fire brainless games and games that can quite easily be left alone for a few seconds.
    In no order whatsoever:

Warioware
    42 All time classics
    Tetris (vs mode is great)
    Advance Wars
    Mr Driller
    Bomberman
    Pretty much any puzzle or card game (unless you count cards then avoid card games)
    Side scroller like viewtiful joe
    Tony Hawks games are pretty good here too.

Avoid intense platformers like Sonic, most racing games and RPG games though.

5. Torte

Member Torte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Meteos and Tetris hands-down. I would say Electroplankton too, but then you need to listen to them instead to actually feel satisfied I guess. Maybe Nanostray too.

6. Razor29

Newcomer Razor29 Advanced Member

Israel
    Well for me any game because i developed my multi tasking skills for years by having 2 tv right next to each other and a computer right next to them (you know using the pc while playing a console and watching tv)

but in my opinion sports games such as tony hawk, Ssx and Racing games because for some reason you just start to automaticly play while you do something else and you find your self playing not good but not really bad and sometimes repeating the same thing over and over again

7. Rayout

Member Rayout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't really recommend this....you may be listening and not bored but your mind is definitely not absorbing what is being said. Go to the actual lectures ffs.

8. fatfrank

Member fatfrank GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Personally i'd say a rpg, now alot of people read this and went "WTF there's always huge plot lines and dialogues in rpg how can you concentrate on a lecture while dealing with that??!?!" Well what works for me is training my characters while listening to important stuff, makes those pointless level up battles flow like water and you're still doing what you gotta do.

9. Torte

Member Torte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Yeah I used to do that too! That way you kill 2 birds with 1 stone. You feel good that you got through a lec, and even better after destroying that damn "insert boss name" finally!

10. AeroZeppelin

Newcomer AeroZeppelin Member

United States
    NSMB requires no brains whatsoever.