Hacking Games folder has left the building.

Trekker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my brother's AceKard2.1 is no longer showing his games folder as of this morning. Windows says it doesn't exist either, but the card's properties show that the disk space is still being used. I haven't tried any other operating systems to see if I can wrangle it, but that's next on my list. Has the SD card corrupted and he's out of luck, or is there some way to get anything back?

Sorry my details are sparse, I'm running short on time, but any help would be great
wink.gif

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This happened to me once with my __aio/ui folder. The whole folder just disappeared along with all my skins
frown.gif
and windows couldn't read it either.

It's because of mSD corruption and it went away went I formatted the card again. Don't think you can get your files back
cry.gif

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try chkdisk (go to properties on the drive, tools, then scan) it will sometimes recover files. The other is an unformat tool it may not get everything back and i dont know hoelw safe its to use on flash memory.

Trekker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did check for hidden folders, and did a chkdsk, but I will try out that program you mentioned MarioWaza.

Thanks so far everyone
wink.gif

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
When you get the files back (I recommend that you also try Recuva, btw) make sure that you still give it a reformat with the Panasonic SD formatter. Otherwise you'll just have similar problems coming back at you.

Trekker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well looks like it isn't going to happen. Recuva had my hopes up when it found a handful of archives with numerical names that were in a nonexistant folder...but it was just old comic books haha

I don't think this violates the rules, but is there anywhere to get save files? I know they're around for PC games, so I just kind of assumed the same for other platforms. If it needs to be sent via PM, I'm peachy with that.

Thanks again though, I'm sure my brother appreciates the help
dimmidice said:
you should always keep a backup of your entire folder on your HD if you don't want your files lost.

I have no control over what other people do with their property.

Phr3d13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trekker1 said:
So my brother's AceKard2.1 is no longer showing his games folder as of this morning. Windows says it doesn't exist either, but the card's properties show that the disk space is still being used. I haven't tried any other operating systems to see if I can wrangle it, but that's next on my list. Has the SD card corrupted and he's out of luck, or is there some way to get anything back?

Sorry my details are sparse, I'm running short on time, but any help would be great
wink.gif

I would try a disk recovery program like EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard (there's a lot of programs you can use)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: