Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its back! So here are a load of titles, descriptions and pictures that are due out between 4th and 8th of June. As usual some games may be brought forward or pushed back so don't winge at me if some titles don't arrive when I say they do. Also the odd other title may just appear but I have checked all of the reliable places and this is what there was for the week.

4th June

Planet Puzzle League USA

Developed by Intelligent Systems, Planet Puzzle League is a DS installment in the puzzle title that's variously known as Tetris Attack, Pokemon Puzzle League and Pokemon Puzzle Challenge. The rules are different from Tetris, but the point is the same: eliminate tiles and make combos. The DS version adds a few elements to the mix, including the expected stylus-based controls. Just like Tetris, you'll be able to play against far off players thanks to included 4-player Wi-Fi support.

planet-puzzle-league-20070524030246324.jpg
planet-puzzle-league-20070524030247449.jpg

Japanese version already out and is called "Panel de Pon" and you can get a nice English patch for it in case you can't wait. NDS release #1027
NDS Lite and NDS Regular Web Browsers will also be released on this day in USA though to be honest judging by the Europe one its pretty slow and not worth having if you've already got access to various net producing things as it is hella slow and doesn't read many pages that I actually goto.

5th June

Biker Mice From Mars USA

The Biker Mice From Mars are on a quest to get hold of the Regenerator - the only device that can save their home planet from destruction. Stoker, a famous General from the Martian Wars, is the only one who can build it for them, but he has been kidnapped and is being held captive at Rump Towers. They must rescue Stoker, protect him from the bad guys and help him collect some of the vital components he needs to build the regenerator. Will they be able to protect both the regenerator and Stokes?

2.jpg
3.jpg

Already released in Europe and is a totally shit racing/beat-em-up so I won't bother finding the release number.

Chicken Shoot USA

A shooting gallery game with adventure elements -- you don't have to think too much .... just blow the chickens away. In each mission the player can collect a number of things and can receive many extra points for different actions. Climb behind the trigger and help our distressed farmer friend obliterate hordes of no good cluckers.

51oqfkyWLhL._SS400_.jpg

Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu USA

A card battle RPG featuring all your favorite Dragon Ball Z characters. Cards are marked with eight types of actions, eight power levels and eight guard levels for a total of 512 possible combinations that will determine progress. From a randomly-dealt set of five cards, players must choose which cards to use based on the eight types of action each card offers. Multiple cards can be played together to power up attacks and enhance guard levels for super combos. The intensity of Special Attacks will increase as the game progresses, giving players all of the power of the DBZ universe!

dragon-ball-z-harukanaru-densetsu-20070511045532789.jpg
dragon-ball-z-harukanaru-densetsu-20070511045530758.jpg
dragon-ball-z-harukanaru-densetsu-20070511045532383.jpg

Probably already released in Japan but kind too lazy to look.
tongue.gif

7th June All releases are Japanese.

Hissatsu Kung Fu: Kanji Dragon

Can't find a brief description so I'll do one myself. This game is basically kinda like Typing of the Dead...but with ninjas instead of zombies, and you write instead of type and it teaches kanji. Looks like its possible to play even if you don't understand the language and in a way you could learn some kanji so its worth a try isnt it?

kungfukanji2.jpg
kungfukanji1.jpg

Looks like he's being kicked in the nuts!

Kabu Trader Shun

Ok another description by me. Its by Capcom and the game is split into two parts, adventure mode which is like Phoenix Wright and is about a dude called Shun whose father was a trader and went bankrupt and dissapearedand a stock trading mode were you battle against other stock traders. More info check out this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=51961

ME0000748103_2.jpg
ME0000748106_2.jpg
ME0000748101_2.jpg

Ontama: Onpu-tou Hen

This is a new style rhythm action game, in which you take the notes with the DS touch pen out of Ontama, spirits of music to play music. You can get the notes by circling and dragging Ontama, and play music by pushing DS buttons. If a lot of Ontama come out at a time, you will be able to erase them by breathing through the DS microphone.
t720018_1.jpg
i720022_2.jpg

Sûjin Taisen

Mitchells latest puzzle game. The game is also confirmed to have local multiplayer as well as WFC multiplayer.

ME0000829253_2.jpg
ME0000829254_2.jpg
ME0000829252_2.jpg

Also out is the Pirates At Worlds End game and Yamakawa Shuppansha Kanshuu: Shousetsu Nihonshi DS & Yamakawa Shuppansha Kanshuu: Shousetsu Sekaishi DS but I can't find anything about tose games they're some kind of edutainment/puzzle game.

8th June

ATV / Monster Truck Mayhem USA

A two-pack of racing games by Skyworks Technologies and Destination Software. Race ATVs and Monster Trucks across 3D tracks in both racing game titles.
monster-trucks-ds-20060117044003617.jpg

Both games have had separate releases, they're not very good.

Brothers In Arms DS: War Stories Europe

Brothers In Arms DS brings all the action and strategy of the series to a handheld, utilizing the DS Touch Screen to control the squad. Fight in 16 different missions and use a wide range of weapons such as bazookas, sniper rifles, and grenades, or fight in major multiplayer battles with three of your friends in different multiplayer modes. Oh yes this is the one people! A lot of people are wanting this doozy of a game.
brothers-in-arms-ds-20070416100957412.jpg
brothers-in-arms-ds-20070404012842767.jpg
brothers-in-arms-ds-20070416100957881.jpg

Trioncube Europe

In Trioncube, the player must embark on a journey across eight planets into the depths of space, as the captain of the mighty space ship Penko, to rescue the princess from the grasp of Hell Metal. Players reach this goal by creating a Trioncube – a series of 3x3 blocks, which start a chain reaction that refuels the space ship. Try to create as big a chain as you can before time runs out and the Trioncube is broken. The bigger the chain you make, the farther distance your ship travels.
trioncube-20070125043137579.jpg
trioncube-20070125043133564.jpg

Released in US NDS release #860 and its not bad.

Also out in Europe is Impossible Mission but that has already been released NDS release #1126

So there you go, not too bad theres some good there and some bad. This was gonna be split into Japanese/Europe and USA threads but a ton of games got pushed back (Prey the Stars, Cookie & Cream and various others) so I just stuck to what I usually do.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hissatsu Kung Fu: Kanji Dragon sounds awesome, Typing of the Dead was a great game. Didn't realise Brothers In Arms DS was out so soon... 6 days away!

smile.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hissatsu Kung Fu: Kanji Dragon sounds awesome, Typing of the Dead was a great game. Didn't realise Brothers In Arms DS was out so soon... 6 days away!

smile.gif
BIA DS has had that date since it was announced so I always expected it to slip but its stayed, fingers cross that it does get released next week.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wow, Brothers In Arms. Looking really forward to that game! Let's hope it isn't a disappointment like Tank Beat. That game was really weak.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, Brothers In Arms. Looking really forward to that game! Let's hope it isn't a disappointment like Tank Beat. That game was really weak.
I thought it was brilliant, first couple of levels were a bit ropey and the graphics are 32X standard but I've spent a lot of time into that game and love it.

Evilkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, it doesn't use stylus to aim?!
edit: ugh upon looking at the screen shots, doesn't seem like it uses stylus. hope it will tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x058JFZrlhU&pp=ygUMREJaIGFicmlkZ2Vk