Games Due 29th May to 2nd June

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, May 24, 2007.

May 24, 2007

Games Due 29th May to 2nd June by Hadrian at 3:55 PM (3,597 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yeah its kinda early, no work today and I'm bored out of my tiny little mind so thought I'd do this thing. As before this would be kept up to date with dates and so on, so expect games to appear or disappear. So not a lot next week so I basically did descriptions and images for all games even though some have already been dumped into the magical rom bush.

USA

29th May

Pony Friends

The pony you've always wanted in the palm of your hand. Pony Friends allows you to care for your very own pony and customise its coat and mane and keep it well groomed and healthy. Take your pony for trail rides to keep it fit, snap pictures of wildlife, find rare gifts and make sure your pony is the best pony in the whole stables.
    [​IMG]
    Developers previous titles: South Park Rally PC/DC/PSX/N64, SpongeBob SquarePants: The Yellow Avenger DS, Trick Star GBA
    Ratings: Prog-G (7/10) NGamer UK (70%)
    Already released in Europe NDS RELEASE #1080

Surf's Up

Surf's Up is an arcade surfing and extreme sports video game. The action is set at the annual "Reggie Belafonte Big Z Memorial Surf Off," where surfers from around the world are ready to risk it all for glory. Players experience the rush and thrills of surfing in exotic surf spots around Pen Gu Island and can rip it up and play as one of 10 characters from the film, including Cody, the young challenger from Shiverpool; Tank, the merciless champion; or Big Z, the surfing legend from the past. Only by mastering and understanding the waves can the player become not only the new champion, but a true surf legend. Based on "bound to be lame" CGI Penguin film (oh goody another!).
    [​IMG]
    Developers previous titles: TMNT DS/PSP, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas PSP
    Game is also due out on Gameboy Advance, sorry no in game images of that just yet.

Japan

31st May

Enpitsu de Oku no Hosomichi

All the traditional Japanese literature your DS can handle! Japan's Success is releasing Enpitsu de Oku no Hosomichi DS, which is a kanji tracing game. It's based off Enpitsu de Oku no Hosomichi, which is a million selling tracing book published in 2006. Readers traced over classical travel account Oku no Hosomichi in pencil. The game version will feature readings by actor Tooru Nakamura, pretty pictures and thematic background noise. Start tracing this May 31st when the game drops.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Miru Chikara o Jissen de Kitaeru: DS Ganryoku Training

One of the more unique titles in Nintendo’s Touch Generations series id Miru Chikara o Jissen de Kitaeru: DS Ganryoku Training, renamed Medicara for a supposed US/EU release. It comes out on May 30 in Japan and Medicara is a collection of reaction and observation tests.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Obunsha Deru-jun Chiri DS

Some kind of edutainment game.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Obunsha Deru-jun Kokugo DS

Same
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Simple DS Series Vol.14 The Jidousha Kyoushuujo DS -- Gendoukitsuki Jidousha, Futsuu Jidou Nirin, Oogata Jidou Nirin, Futsuu Jidousha, Fusuu Jidousha Nishuu, Chuugata Jidousha, Oogata Jidousha, Oogata Jidousha Nishuu, Oogata Tokuchuu Jidousha, Kenbiki

Longest game title ever? A driving simulation game that helps student drivers learn the basics of driving in Japan. The title includes the various driving tests one must take in order to obtain a license in Japan.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Simple DS Series Vol.15: The Kanshikikan 2 - Aratanaru 8-tsu no Jiken wo Touch seyo

Kanshikikan popped up on the DS awhile back. It was a port of the crime/detective drama that first appeared on the PS2. Now a sequel to the game has been made, and it is heading to the DS this month. You could compare the game to Phoenix Wright or Hotel Dusk, seeing that it is the same type of adventure style gaming. Dear D3, localise this for me, thank you.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

New Zealand Story DS

Port of the classic arcade game that would've been with its double jump and energy bar but unfortunately some of the touch screen mini games are horrid and they kinda mess it up a bit.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ratings: Retro Gamer (8/10) IGN (5.9) VicioJuegos (81/100)
    Already released in English titled "New Zealand Story Revolution" NDS Release #0838

Europe

Meteos: Disney Magic

Not as good as Meteos, but still nice puzzler this time with Disney theme. Get the original though, it plays better and you don't have to hold the DS like a book.
    [​IMG]
    Ratings: IGN (8/10) Game Informer (7) N-Philes (1/3) 1UP (7/10) Gamespy (3.5/5)
    Already released in US NDS Release #0863

Wario - Master of Disguise

Worst Wario game ever! Its not bad though but its just got the wrong look and its kinda dull. There is some fun to be had from it just don't expect anything as good as previous Wario platformers.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ratings: 1UP (4/10) Gamespy (4/5) EGM (5/10) IGN (6/10) GamesMaster (63%)
    Already released in US NDS Release #0876

So there you go, nothing to get excited about unless you understand Japanese, thank whatever for those kooky games otherwise this thread would be worse than it already is. The week after does look like a better week for games though so we won't have to go through this for much longer.

2. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    [​IMG]
    It's like a webpage looking for google hits XD

3. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    English translation anyone?

4. ndela007

Member ndela007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Learn how to drive without ever touching a car. [​IMG]

5. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    So much crap coming out for those few days.. with the exception of Pony friends.

6. gov78

Member gov78 Ha made you Look

United Kingdom
    Pony friends OMG OMG I CANT WAIT DAMN U
    this will totally beat great title like elf bowling

7. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    [​IMG]

8. Torte

Member Torte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Nice work dude. I'm looking fwd to seeing your next ones. Here's hoping you feel bored a least once a fortnight [​IMG]

9. tjas

Member tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Netherlands
    Don't forget tank beat! it's shipped to stores today...

10. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    It was in the last one I did.

11. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    OK Tank Beat has now been listed for 29th May instead of 22nd like it says on their website...drone, they do like delaying this game don't they?

Tank Beat
    Maneuver tanks with the stylus. Destroy land, air, and sea enemies to succeed! Take back the country that was seized by a ruthless invasion. Two to four person head-to-head wireless and Nintendo Wi-Fi Multiplayer Action
    Command allied tanks throughout the game while controlling your own tank to victory!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Developers previous titles: Radio Allergy, Chaos Field GC/DC/PS2, Karous Wii.
    Previously released in Japan rom #727 and is actually a very good little strategy game.

EDIT: Sorry for double posting didn't realise that or I would've just edited my last post.