Games Cutting off mid game

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by GameGeezer, Nov 23, 2006.

Nov 23, 2006

Games Cutting off mid game by GameGeezer at 6:57 AM (1,040 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. GameGeezer
    OP

Member GameGeezer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a G6 Lite and a Passcard 3. Recently I've been having a problem with few games beinginterupted by a total power cutoff while playing a game. The battery still has plenty of charge and the DS turns back on fine after it crashes. This seems to happen especially in Yoshi's Island DS but I have seen it has happened in a couple of other roms as well. Other games run fine with no problems. It seems like the DS is using too much power and cuts off but it does it with the AC attached as well.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I'm thinking of replacing the battery to see if that fixes it.

2. Janous

Newcomer Janous Newbie

Brazil
    I've had this problem a couple of times, really annoying...But thanks god it isnt happening again

3. GameGeezer
    OP

United States
    I'm still not sure what it is. It only seems to happen on some games and seems to be related to the G6 Lite somehow since it happens when the passcard is removed and I can't get it to happen with the commercial carts I have. I reformated the G6L and it still happened in Yoshi's island.

4. lungfield

Newcomer lungfield Newbie

United States
    I've had the same issue, but it's not G6 or Passcard related (at least not for me). Search YouTube for DS Lite Power Glitch - you'll see other people with the same defect. I could reproduce it by pressing UP+Y+B. The DS would shut off even without a game in the slot.

This is the 2nd DS Lite I've had with the problem. The first one was a week or so after I bought it, so I returned it to the store. My 2nd DS Lite started doing the same thing about 2 weeks ago. I sent it in to Nintendo, I should get it back any day.

5. GameGeezer
    OP

United States
    Thanks, I will look this up. I think I'm going to have to send my DS Lite back anyway. I just had another famous glitch happen. My right hinge cracked.

6. GameGeezer
    OP

United States

Just an update. I finally got hold of a nintendo rep and the Power Glitch is real and is covered by their warranty. Nintendo's customer service rep was great. When I thanked him he said something that I hadn't heard from the Dell's and EBgames etc.. in a long time. He said, "That's why we're here". Nintendo is aware of their customers needs and I think that is what will make the difference in the current generation of gaming.

The rep also asked me alot of questions. He said they have been scammed more than once and are careful.

I'm a Sega die hard converted!