Hacking Games crashing with 0.3 Gamma when they are supposed to work.

kiwisoup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call of Duty: World at War (NTSC-U) (Now Working)

Freezes in the menus if you don't make a selection VERY quickly. If you take more than a few seconds, it will freeze up. Sometimes ejecting the disc and reinserting it a few time will make it run a few more seconds before crashing again. Once you make it into the actual game it runs perfect. I haven't read one single person other than me having an issue running this game.

[Update] Reburnt on Sony DVD-R and works fine now, although disc reading is constant and kinda loud. I suppose that's normal for this game though?

SEGA Superstars Tennis (NTSC-U) (Now Working)

Freezes in the menus, video clip on menu will freeze and music will start looping. When you pick the next item in the menu is where it crashes. If you make a selection quickly you can start the actual game and it runs perfect, until you get back to the menu and you have to make a selection quickly again. I've read that several other people were having this same issue, but some say that they did have it working.

[Update] Reburnt on Sony DVD-R and works fine now.

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaro's Treasure (NTSC-U)

This game ran just fine for me before with 0.3 Beta with read-fix. Now it freezes when trying to load a level from the map. Everybody else seems to have it working just fine.

[Update] Reburnt on Sony DVD-R and works fine now. I still find it odd that it never crashed on DVD+R (booktype DVD-ROM) before I upgraded to 0.3 Gamma. This game is the whole reason I thought it was a reason other than the media.

Media: Memorex DVD+R, booktype set to DVD-ROM, 2x burn speed.

Thanks for the help guys!

kiwisoup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RyoutaDDC said:
Try burning on DVD-R discs

I've been using the same DVD+R with booktype set to DVD-ROM forever (I have a big stack of them and didn't buy them specifically for this purpose). If you set the booktype it shouldn't matter if they aren't DVD-R. I've read that setting the booktype to DVD-ROM is even more compatible than DVD-R. I've used them for at least 30 other games and have never had any sort of problem AT ALL. When I go shopping tonight, I'll buy a small pack of DVD-R and try reburning these and see if it'll help I suppose.

kiwisoup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OmniSlash2o6 said:
Verbatim DVD-R burnt at 4x....
Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 NTSC crashes sometimes randomly.
With V0.03 Gamma.

Only one person has tested that game on the official compatibility matrix and this is what they say: Tested on Gamma: Freezes with error message during entrances and just as matches start.

Sounds like you had better luck than them.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your problems are the discs with those games ... if you want to look for alternative games then keep looking , but save yourself a headache and get some -R discs and try just one game on it and you will eventually throw out the +R discs - they just dont work properly on some games that take a lot of loading.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be pretty obvious here what the problem is if these games aren't working and everyone else has no problems. Disc and/or burn.

kiwisoup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerof said:
It should be pretty obvious here what the problem is if these games aren't working and everyone else has no problems. Disc and/or burn.

alright, alright...I know it's not the burn, because I have 3GB RAM and Dual Core processor...buffer was full the entire time with no burn errors and I even retried burning. I'll try some DVD-R and report back
nyanya.gif

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use dvd+r and they work just fine for me booktype to -r smackdown vs raw 09 works just fine burn in IMGBURN at 1x
biggrin.gif
C.O.D. WAW WORKS JUST AS GOOD

kiwisoup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I went to OfficeMax because I knew they'd have Verbatim DVD-R and they did, but only GIANT packages of them, so I just picked up some Sony ones at Target. I deleted the ISO files because I was running out of space on my hard drive, can I just just "Create Image File from Disc" in IMGBurn? Do I need to change settings or read speed or anything like that?

[Update] Set read speed to 2x/6x and reburnt to DVD-R and SEGA Superstars Tennis now works fine, no more freezing in the menu. Trying the others now...

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
on pretty much all modern high speed media it's not possible to burn at 1x
sure you can select 1x but the burning software will burn at the slowest rated speed for that media which it gets from the media identifier information already present on the disk before you burn it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs