Homebrew app Games Crashing during random times when using USB loaders like USBloader GX/CFG Loader

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,992
  • Replies 15
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
I have followed every HOW TO on YouTube, nothing works. What happens falls into 2 categories. The first being that the audio cuts out and some entities behave oddly. In Mario kart Wii the CPUs will stop rubberbanding/rubberband past you, and whenever you hit a boost panel the game freezes and doesn't respond. Same goes for any other game, in Mario and Sonic Olympic Games 2012 you can usually get to the event screen, but when I select a character the game freezes. This is all the first category. The second Category is that a game will work, but only for a few seconds/minutes. But decides to freeze without warning.

I also don't know how to copy my Wiis data. So someone please help me with showing you what is wrong.
Smaller Details - No Buzzing sound when the game freezes
- Wii Remote stays connected Even when game crashes
- This Wii was heavily modified when I got it, but I formatted it and followed the USB loader gx guide ()

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a USB flash drive or an HDD? USBs are notoriously known to cause problems... Just to test things now, copy/or use a new copy of the game that you're having issues with, and copy it into the SD card, test again and see if it's still the same or not.

D

Deleted User

OP
Are you using a USB flash drive or an HDD? USBs are notoriously known to cause problems... Just to test things now, copy/or use a new copy of the game that you're having issues with, and copy it into the SD card, test again and see if it's still the same or not.
A USB Flash Drive that is 128 gigs running Fat32. I actually have another Wii that does work, and that same USB flash drive works perfectly for any amount of time on the other Wii, but on this Wii it does not work. Games Will often start, but they always inevitably crash at some point.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Using a SDD or SD doesn't make a difference

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using a SDD or SD doesn't make a difference
So you've tried launching the game from SD card and still same result? If so run a syscheck, maybe its missing a cIOS or something.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And you are plugging in the usb in the right-most usb port, right?

Last edited by CoolMe,
D

Deleted User

OP
The right Most port(if you are looking at the back). How do I run a syscheck? I have never heard of that from any of the Tutorials.

D

Deleted User

OP
So you made me think of something, I tried my dads SDD on this wii and it worked perfectly. (This was after the SYScheck). So maybe I do have a bad FlashDrive. I will let you know how thigs turn out.

D

Deleted User

OP
It still is having some issues, do you want me to share the syscheck?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Boy, I welcome you anyway.

But as you can clearly see this is not the right section; reading these things here is annoying and almost unbearable.
But don't you see the title of this forum? And yes, you are American, and you should read english well...
This exchange of advice should be moved from here!

diffida.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
This is my introduction, me needing help. Thank you SO MUCH Coolme, it was that my usb port had an invent copper pin. So I modified my ports and now it works flawlessly. I would have never found that out without doing a syscheck and using bootmii. I actually made an emulation of my Wii on my pc and ran through every config of the IOSs to see that the problem was a faulty connection. So your advice did help. What a legend

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is my introduction, me needing help. Thank you SO MUCH Coolme, it was that my usb port had an invent copper pin. So I modified my ports and now it works flawlessly. I would have never found that out without doing a syscheck and using bootmii. I actually made an emulation of my Wii on my pc and ran through every config of the IOSs to see that the problem was a faulty connection. So your advice did help. What a legend
Huh. How did you get that from what he suggested? What do you even mean by an "invent" copper pin?

D

Deleted User

OP
Okay so I guess I was hype and didn't elaborate. The sys check pretty much told me that me IOS config looked fine, and that it should work. Which lead me to believe that something else was going wrong. So I downloaded a copy of my Wii on BootMii, and I ran an emulation of my wii of another wii hooked up to my computer. But when I was looking through my ports I noticed that on the wii I was working on it was having miscommunications woth the USB Flashdr9ve, which either means it is incompatible or that something is wrong with the physical port. So I took my wii apart and checked the Soldering, but it looked fine, nothing was wrong with it, and then I looked inside of the port, and I had a pin that got caught on the USB copper pin, and was bent in at a loose V. When I saw this I was beyond furious because I have spent roughly 40 hours on what should take 15 minutes. Anyway I resolved this by taking apart a multi port adapter and putting that in the spot where my old usb ports were, and at first I thought that it was a long shot, but surprisingly it works. But the 4th and 5th port act like the second port on the wii normally, which is not at all. I am not that good with the Wiis systems, but I am half decent at soldering and so far it has continued to work just fine.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you te re-bend the pin (it could still work) or was it damaged badly? Also do you have this usbhub/adapter thing that you've soldered in place of the old one, is it stuck in place and you carved the Wii shell to make it fit (since it's 5 port hub) or is it just dangling there? If so It could rip from the board..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.