ralamzull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help, quick rundown;

Put off updating sysnand because "muh sxos" and comfort/lazyness. Last night I decided to max out my possibilities by swapping my 3.0.5 boot for 3.1.0 beta and upgrading sysnand to 11.0.0 via ChoiDujourNX like I normally do.

Everything seems like it bit, as per the norm. Only variable present from my normal upgrade process was I let AutoRCM stay on.

Now, previously installed games lock up the system, and my one attempt to install a new nsp via goldleaf resulted in a system freeze as well.

Any ideas/suggestions? I'd like to repair my current setup, as I have over 500gb of games and saves... but I did put in for a fresh SD card to go ahead and migrate to atmosphere... Bite that bullet, finally...

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I did the change a long time ago and there was no problem like that, I put the atmos files etc. and when booting, about 70 % of the games worked flawlessly, the rest I needed to uninstall and reinstall using Tinwoo. You could use tinwoo or DBI (the best in my opinion) so it is a long road ahead but maybe you need to do that.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help, quick rundown;

Put off updating sysnand because "muh sxos" and comfort/lazyness. Last night I decided to max out my possibilities by swapping my 3.0.5 boot for 3.1.0 beta and upgrading sysnand to 11.0.0 via ChoiDujourNX like I normally do.

Everything seems like it bit, as per the norm. Only variable present from my normal upgrade process was I let AutoRCM stay on.

Now, previously installed games lock up the system, and my one attempt to install a new nsp via goldleaf resulted in a system freeze as well.

Any ideas/suggestions? I'd like to repair my current setup, as I have over 500gb of games and saves... but I did put in for a fresh SD card to go ahead and migrate to atmosphere... Bite that bullet, finally...
Did you have an emunand? It might have become disabled somehow? Might want to check.

before you do anything crazy, backup the Nand that has your game saves (either Sysnand or Emunand) using Emutool and NXNandManager

you can restore them using JKSV

ralamzull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you tested the card with h2testw?
I have not yet, as the ability to sit @ my PC is limited. Do you really think it's card error, even though sxos 3.1.0 loads just fine and gold leaf recognizes the nsp file enough to attempt an install?
I did the change a long time ago and there was no problem like that, I put the atmos files etc. and when booting, about 70 % of the games worked flawlessly, the rest I needed to uninstall and reinstall using Tinwoo. You could use tinwoo or DBI (the best in my opinion) so it is a long road ahead but maybe you need to do that.
I haven't migrated yet, and I'm actually hoping not to.... For as long as possible. Keep seeing things about corrupt boot0 files from ChoiDujourNX (which I've obviously used)
Did you have an emunand? It might have become disabled somehow? Might want to check.

before you do anything crazy, backup the Nand that has your game saves (either Sysnand or Emunand) using Emutool and NXNandManager

you can restore them using JKSV
I never did install an emunand, but moving forward with the new card... Will probably do so. Only ever booted through sysnand with sxos.

ralamzull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you tested the card with h2testw?

Should always test a card when you get them
Sooo... I finally sat down and ran this program. It simply verifies card capacity? My partition tool scans each individual block, too, but this feels like checking my wiper fluid because transmission trouble.

Anyway, oddly enough, as I was attempting to xfer files to the new SD card I renamed the folder FW11.0.0 to just fw on the root and.... Fkn works. I changed it on a whom from looking at videos on sxos migration. I noticed that as being a difference from mine and most file structures. That can't possibly be it, right? I'm going to chalk it up to "shutdown and restart, rinse and repeat times three."

Now, should I start another thread for help with a problem discovered in the process of this solution? Everything I've read leads me to believe that ChoiDujourNX has fuggered my meriko boot0. Moving forward with my migration means that I need to solve this. Is it possible to do so from where I'm @? Ie; 11.0.0 with sxos 3.1.0 on sysnand with pro dongle and everything cycling as designed?

Once new card completes it's integrity test, gonna try to clone my current card and install hekate as step one.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo... I finally sat down and ran this program. It simply verifies card capacity? My partition tool scans each individual block, too, but this feels like checking my wiper fluid because transmission trouble.

Anyway, oddly enough, as I was attempting to xfer files to the new SD card I renamed the folder FW11.0.0 to just fw on the root and.... Fkn works. I changed it on a whom from looking at videos on sxos migration. I noticed that as being a difference from mine and most file structures. That can't possibly be it, right? I'm going to chalk it up to "shutdown and restart, rinse and repeat times three."

Now, should I start another thread for help with a problem discovered in the process of this solution? Everything I've read leads me to believe that ChoiDujourNX has fuggered my meriko boot0. Moving forward with my migration means that I need to solve this. Is it possible to do so from where I'm @? Ie; 11.0.0 with sxos 3.1.0 on sysnand with pro dongle and everything cycling as designed?

Once new card completes it's integrity test, gonna try to clone my current card and install hekate as step one.

Think you should be alright if the card is legit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yes? Interesting way to get Hi