Games are just too much!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Awdofgum, Jul 26, 2007.

Jul 26, 2007

Games are just too much! by Awdofgum at 3:27 PM (1,747 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. Awdofgum
    OP

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    Hello fellow Tempers,

I would like to know where to buy Wii games for a good price around $20-$35...
    I am on a very low budget for gaming and don't you think that Wii games should start dropping right now, it would be cool if they had Wii Player Choice (or something better than that name).
    Please I need some new games and i don't own a modchip.

2. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    why ot try your local eb or something, you can probably get second user games for that price, i don'#t think you'll find them new at that price

3. Awdofgum
    OP

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
  4. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    What ive always done is buy them off my friends after they play them. As long as you give them more than EB games / GameStop does, they'll go to you instead of them. Play of course before you buy, so you dont get stuck with a boring game [​IMG]

5. 1337Nemo

Member 1337Nemo GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Our Gamestop doesnt have any second hand Wii games..

6. wohoo

Member wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Why don't get a modchip, save your money instead of buying 2 or 3 games and you have the money for a chip [​IMG]

7. Tuddles

Member Tuddles GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Ya a modchip is the price of less then a game lol and it's the best way to go IMO and probley most peoples on here

8. Warm Woolly Shee

Member Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If a dude wants to buy games don't discourage him.

9. Farami9

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    trading post / local newspaper

10. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    why not wait for the games to lower in price when they get old and buy them then

buy them used !

you dont have to play a game the day it comes out or you will pay 40 bucks !
    wait a month or two and you can get a used copy for 20 bucks

11. michaelf

Newcomer michaelf Advanced Member

United States
    I'd recommend a gamefly account. It's not that expensive and I'd say most games are only good for one run anyway. Plus you get to play a lot of games you might not have tried otherwise. They also have a purchase plan where I believe they send you the box (but I'm not totally sure about that).

12. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    I'll have to second that. For 20 bucks a month, you can have 2 games at the same time and keep them as long as you want. Gamefly is really amazing. I rented Castlevania: POR from them and beat the game xD

13. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    also BBA is a really cheap game although i do realise it's not zelda or res4 it is an option for a budget game. [​IMG]

14. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    Like others have said just don't buy games as soon as they come out. It's really crazy how much a game can fall in price in such a short time.

Wii is doing fairly well but you can pick up most games that came out last year / early this year for under $35 including gems like Excite Truck, Trauma Center etc.. (i'm going by ebay.com listings here)

If that isn't cheap enough you could do the hardcore solution and not buy any current gen games or consoles at all! Build up your collection of past gen titles for next to nothing - I guarantee there will be loads of fantastic games you have yet to play!

edit - Oh and speaking of retro stuff... car boot sales / garage sales! Maybe not so great for current games (at least in my experiences) but older stuff and retro stuff is a potential gold mine. If retro isn't your thing then buy them anyway and sell them for a profit on ebay or something. Use profits towards a new current gen title!

Of course if you want to just play more games on the cheap, you could always temporarily swap games with friends (unless your friends are the kind who love to scratch up discs).
    My parents used to do that with the NES when I was a kid and swap our games about with other kids parents. We'd end up swapping our whole collection about - it was fun waiting for my parents to come home seeing what games they had brought home. One time they bought home a huge cartridge rack with about 20-30 new games to play, that kept us busy for a while!
    Nowadays there are quite a few US sites offering swap services e.g. http://goozex.com, which might be worth a look.

In the Genesis days I would get to play lots of games by trading in my old ones and getting something different. Back then you could trade in a game, get a decent trade in value for it and get another game. If the game sucked you could trade it back in towards another title and get virtually what you paid for it back. Nowadays trade in values are teh sucky to the extreme, but instead of going to a game store you could buy a game on ebay and once you tire of it or whatever chuck it back up on there and get your money back minus shipping. This really isn't too different from rentals I guess....

[​IMG]

15. blackmaff

Newcomer blackmaff Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I use ebay all the time, ive picked up Twilight Princess for £24 and Excite Truck for £22 as well as a second remote for £23. If you're patient and stalk the items you want on ebay you can definitely get them cheap.

16. loathsome

Member loathsome GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    That page looks utterly suspicious ... [​IMG]

17. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I'm sure it's a scam. Don't buy from that site.

18. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Yes, games do cost too much, especially when you can't take them back if they suck. And for PC's it's a real scam that you can't take it back when it won't run in your system because of the extreme copy protections that only hurt the honest people. It's a really great scam on consumers to sell you a product with no way to recoup your money if it sucks or won't work for you. That's why I don't buy games anymore. If I can't download the games I want somewhere, then I simply don't bother with them. I've got thousands of other games I can play.....

And I really don't care what people may think of that train-of-thought either. None of anyone's goody-two-shoes arguments will ever change my mind about that. Corporations never did me any favors.

19. Awdofgum
    OP

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    Thanks for all the advise,
    but i've been convinced.... I...am...going...to...get...a...Modchip!

WiiKey-this one to be exact:Wiikey
    Well anyways thanks again for the advise. [​IMG]

20. jinqui242

Newcomer jinqui242 Advanced Member

United States
    Try Half.com or Amazon.com Marketplace. You can find Used and "Like New" games for less. That's what I do when I don't want to pay full price for a game that's been out for awhile.