Gamertag Question Banned Console

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by shanefromoz, Feb 14, 2010.

Feb 14, 2010
  1. shanefromoz
    OP

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Hi All,

I have a xbox 360 that has been banned and was wondering if i bought a xbox 360 memory card can i put the gamertag and saves on it and put it in a un banned console with no issues?
    I have heard mixed comments about corrupting the gamertag and then i heard i can get the banned console uncrippled.
    Can someone please give me some more info on this?

Cheers

2. soulfire

Member soulfire gear... secando

Netherlands
    can't you just recover gamertag on the unbanned xbox ?

3. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Yeah,you can just recover the gamertag on the unbanned box. If you want to move the one that's on the banned 360 though, then you need to do some messing around. You can do one of two things

You can transfer the profile to a pc, edit it and then move it onto the unbanned console and it will show fine (You'll have to search this one as I don't have a tutorial for it to hand), but you have to repeat the process every time you go from banned console to the unbanned one.

Uncripple the 360. http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=697231. Don't have to manually hex edit it any more, can use findsecdata to sort it for you instead. Basically dump nand, use findsecdata on it and follow the instructions. It'll restore the hdd install and the 360 the will stop corrupting the profile and saves.

4. Sefi

Member Sefi GBAtemp Fan

Edit: Armadillo beat me to it

5. shanefromoz
    OP

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    So if i uncripple the banned xbox i can then grab a xbox memory card and put my gamertag and saves on it and swap between banned xbox and unbanned xbox with no issues is that correct?

Cheers

6. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    In answer, yes.

Note that uncrippling will require a lil bit of soldering, but not as much as a full JTAG hack. IIRC, it needs 2 diodes (rather than 3), 5x100ohm resisters (rather than 300ohm), and the usual amount of wire.