Gamersgate’s ad-supported free game service, VOID, launched yesterday

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 5,282
  • Replies 47
D

Deleted_171835

OP

GamersGate launched their ad-supported free videogame service yesterday. It allows users to play games for free after watching two 30 second ads. The game selection is currently limited although it does have Risen.

Stockholm, Sweden - May 22, 2012 - GamersGate is set to officially launch its ad-supported free gaming service VOID on May 28, 2012. Over the past year, GamersGate has been working on the service, which will run parallel to the digital retailer’s usual business. After a long period of testing, VOID – the first ad-supported free gaming service of its kind – will be released in Scandinavia, the United States and Canada followed shortly by a UK launch.

IWAG, the media partner handling ad space sales in Scandinavia, has successfully sold out the entire
inventory through July. “The ad inventory has been sold out for a few weeks and naturally we’re thrilled. It shows the power and interest in the format. We’re constantly looking at ways to further separate GamersGate from the competition and VOID is clearly a massive market differentiator,” says Theodore Bergquist, CEO and majority owner of GamersGate.

In the testing period, many brands tried out the service, including several represented by 360 Solutions, a media buying company that represents several large brands. “We’ve been waiting for a service that brings the successful business concept of Spotify into the gaming industry. The business model is great, the target audience is high in demand and the advertising possibilities are infinite. This (men age 20-45) audience is hard to reach in traditional media and VOID gives us the opportunity to do so,” says Andrei Zidaric, CEO at 360 Solutions. “The tests we have run have surpassed all expectations. The results from the beta testing have been astounding.”

VOIDs various advertising formats are a mix of modern interactive advertisements and newly developed video formats, fitting advertisers who normally buy TV ad space. For more information, please visit http://www.gamersgate.com/void.

Source

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Coming Soon To Your Country
Our ad-financed service, VOID will be released on May 28th in the US and Canada, closely followed by Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.

thats rude

Reactions: 2 people

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Protip this is considered "plagiarism" and will most likely get closed.
LOL JK.

Anyways, this sounds like a good idea, but I'm not too sure how well their game library will be. Hopefully it'll be damn good, though, cuz this would be amazing for those low-budget gamers.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Anyways, this sounds like a good idea, but I'm not too sure how well their game library will be. Hopefully it'll be damn good, though, cuz this would be amazing for those low-budget gamers.
No it's not - what exactly do you think they're plagiarising? They just have a license to rent games and they choose to rent them in exchange for watching ads. This is as legal as OnLive is.

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

No it's not - what exactly do you think they're plagiarising? They just have a license to rent games and they choose to rent them in exchange for watching ads. This is as legal as OnLive is.
Meant the article. Except JK didn't notice it was a press release.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the title also describes the game selection. HI-YO!

Seriously though, this sounds like an interesting little experiment. It will be interesting to see whether this takes off or slips into the... well, I already made that joke, but you get the idea.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seriously though, this sounds like an interesting little experiment. It will be interesting to see whether this takes off or slips into the... well, I already made that joke, but you get the idea.
Mostfun.com did this first.
With great games such as Pets Fun House, Hostile Makeover and Farm Frenzy!
It's not like Void's games are great either.

D

Deleted_171835

OP

Mostfun.com did this first.
With great games such as Pets Fun House, Hostile Makeover and Farm Frenzy!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha! And I was about to pay for "Dark Void" on OnLive. Sadly this version might not have XBCD support but I'll give it a shot. I'm still looking through the games list. I also spotted some PC/Wii ports like Cursed mountain (which I would still ONLY play the Wii Version, don't give a damn about the graphics :P)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr