Gamers interested in Game Theory?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm writing a maths research paper on game theory and my topic of choice is video games.

As part of the process I'm looking for a 'consultant' to contact and seek advice from.

Really, I'm just looking for someone other than myself who is experienced with video games (i.e. 99.99% of the demographic of this site, LOL) and who is interested in contributing this experience/knowledge into a maths exploration. This person will be credited by name (or username or anything else, etc. if they wish to remain anonymous)

Said person does not need to have any in-depth knowledge on game theory save for a basic understanding of what it is. I'll only be asking him/her a few questions on, for example, which video games exhibit a certain strategy X and would therefore act as a good subject for my research. That sort of thing. Nothing extensive.

Anyone interested in helping this lost soul out? It's a good and easy way to have your name associated with someone else's academic works too so :yay:

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sure why not, I'll help as much as I can. Even though I have no idea what I'm in for . . . . . just sounds fun ^_^
OK cool! That was quick. I'll just take note of your username and PM you over the span of the next few days

Thanks dude.

(Even though I only really need 1 if anyone else is interested I'll still consider it, the more the merrier I guess)

Reactions: VinsCool

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a survey would be a good way to get input from several sources.

Anywhoo, I have a basic understanding of what game theory is. Feel free to ask me some questions (so long as I don't have to write out essays in response). Won't be able to answer questions right now but will be able to in ~12 hours or so.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1