Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UnOfficial Mario Kart DS Tournament Round 2
By Gamerman1723

Welcome to round two of my MKDS tournament. Please read the following carefully so that you can participate.

Round 2 will last until round 3 starts. You have until then to sign up for a match and participate. I would recommend participating sooner rather than later so that you can get in a match. Matches can consist of EITHER 2 or 4 people. For a 4 player match, 1st and 2nd place advance. For a 2 player match, only the winner advances.

Go to the Wiki to sign up for the next match (if available). Please feel free to organize a time for the next match.

Official Wiki of The Tournament

We will be in IRC Channel #MKDS_Tournament on IRCHighway (#MKDS_Tournament)

You can download a great IRC client here:
http://www.mirc.com/get.html

If you do not know how to use mIRC, then this should help you: (it is very easy though)
http://www.mirc.com/ircintro.html

In the IRC room, real matches are organized in red text, and practice matches are in blue text.

For round 2, you will be racing in the following courses: (in order)

DK Pass
GBA Sky Garden
N64 Frappe Snowland
Delfino Square

To participate, merely go to the WiKi and add your name in to the next match. Please feel free to organize a match of your own if there is not one currently scheduled.

Sign-up for next match here

Rules

1. You can do whatever it takes to win without using any sort of cheating device, hack, patch, etc. In other words, you can snake, PRB, BSD, take any shortcuts, etc.
2. You must be respectful to all other participants.
3. You must obey what I, or an appointed other, tell you to do, regarding the tournament of course.
4. In every match, there will be four racers. Only the first and second place advance. If there is a tie for 2nd and 2rd place, then the affected participants will race each other in a 1-on-1 match.
5. You have approximately 48 hours to show up and participate or you will be disqualified.
6. I, or an appointed person, will be selecting the tracks for each round. You must select these tracks when starting the match.
7. You must not disconnect. If you do so after the first race has started, you will take last place and be out of the tournament. Unless I give you another chance in another round, which will only happen if there is a spot to be filled in a match. If you have connection issues and may have a problem, please PM me and we can work something out. I may be somewhat lenient with this will, but don't push me.
NOTE: This rule applies to disconnecting on purpose. If there is an error, then the match will either restart, or the affected person/people can join another match or restart)
8. You must download a IRC chat program for communication purposes for the tournament. mIRC is a free and trusted program that will work perfectly. You can get it here: http://www.mirc.com/get.html
9. Have fun!

When I am around, I will help organize the matches. If not, then it will be up to you organize yourself into a race. This will probably be the case for the European time zones.

The following is a list of participants with friend codes and usernames. You can also find an alphabetized list on the Wiki:

List of participants:

GBAtemp Name...Friend Code.............MK Username

Arm73.................446785 543289........Arm73
Gamerman1723...159003 161869........Gamer17
jgu1994..............498321 356042.........reknew
Mewgia...............021583 815315.........Mewgia
[M]artin..............025878 603183.........[M]artin
ness31...............073115 997250.........ness31
rhyguy...............197676 589014.........Rhyguy
SpikeyNDS.........167567 406390.........SpikeyNDS
sidneyyoung.......395245 947242.........jacko
wabo..................502572 794643........BillWabo
Bombflame.........545570 278926........Rocklee***

Good luck to everyone, and have fun! And... we're off!

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who made it to round two, feel like having a real match?

If so, than come to the
RC #MKDS_Tournament on IRCHighway (irc.irchighway.net)

Foie

That one guy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Congrats to those who passed round 2! And sorry to those who didn't... You still might get a random prize for participating, so stay tuned.

Round 3 will be coming tomorrow at 6:00PM pacific time (-8:00)

Which is 9:00PM eastern

I would suggest getting there early, because you will have a better chance of passing if you get in on the first match. You'll see what I mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte