Gameplay footage leaks from The Last of Us remake

It appears that the upcoming remake of The Last of Us has suffered another leak. After the existence of the project was leaked twice (once by Bloomberg and once by Sony), gameplay footage has been appearing on social media over the last 24 hours. The leaks appear to have started with XboxEra co-founder Nick Baker, who has Tweeted out a number of pictures and videos allegedly from the upcoming game, including a look at the controller layout, accessibility options, display options menu, and some general captures from the story mode. However, all of these Tweets have since been removed from Baker's Twitter account.

However, three videos Baker posted to Streamable are still online. Totaling about 6 minutes of gameplay overall, these videos give us a good glimpse of stealth and combat gameplay, as well as the new workbenches.

According to Baker, these leaks come from the "the most up to date" build. He clarifies that he's not entirely sure if that means the final build or not, but given that it went gold ten days ago, it's likely this is nearing the final version.

So far, fan reaction to the gameplay has not been positive. Many have mistaken the leaked footage for gameplay of the PS4 remaster (including Baker) before noticing that the HUD has been changed to more closely reflect The Last of Us Part II. These comments are in stark contrast to those presented by animator Robert Morris who, responding to those who have been calling the remake a "cash grab," said the following: "Actually it’s the most meticulously built and crafted project that I have ever seen or been a part of in my entire career. The highest level of care and attention to detail possible."

Twitter account Naughty Dog Central also posted some screenshots from the leaks, along with direct comparisons from the original.

:arrow: Streamable video #1
:arrow: Streamable video #2
:arrow: Streamable video #3

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait for the 70 dollar 8K remaster of this game in a few years.

But hey, I can't fault Sony for reselling games, because people keep buying them. I'd do the same thing if I was in their shoes. I'd do it as cheap and as lazy as I can, because people will buy it anyway.

Reactions: SANIC

tommasi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They remade this game 3 times! Are they out of ideas?

Sony doesn’t want to unlock backward compatibility, so they keep remaking all these games. What a waste of time. Fans are disappointed, they expect more creative new fun games to come out and they’re wasting time remaking old games.

Who cares about graphics, give me a fun game to play and I’ll buy it.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Sony doesn’t want to unlock backward compatibility, so they keep remaking all these games. What a waste of time. Fans are disappointed, they expect more creative new fun games to come out and they’re wasting time remaking old games.

obvious troll is obvious.
they made a remaster once and now this remake.
ps5 has full ps4 backwards compatibility, tlou1 is playable just fine if you already own the ps4 version.
why are you complaining when youre not interested anyway? oh yeah, just trolling

• Haha
Reactions: Krazyeye

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It was the game that basically helped push sales on Playstation's end between 3 and 4 when Xbox was going into the weird territory of Kinect crap.

They probably want to milk this shit for all its worth given that it helped them get a leg up in the competition back in the day, even though its sequel created enough of a divide in fans that it may as well shot itself in the foot franchise wise. I never cared for these games myself but this seems to be the thing Sony is extremely proud in having and wanting to make the most of. Sorta like how MS was with Halo..

tommasi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was the game that basically helped push sales on Playstation's end between 3 and 4 when Xbox was going into the weird territory of Kinect crap.

They probably want to milk this shit for all its worth given that it helped them get a leg up in the competition back in the day, even though its sequel created enough of a divide in fans that it may as well shot itself in the foot franchise wise. I never cared for these games myself but this seems to be the thing Sony is extremely proud in having and wanting to make the most of. Sorta like how MS was with Halo..
Naughty Dog use to bring something new with every new system. They haven’t brought anything new to the table yet. A sequel of a game doesn’t count.

adamsef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Clear cash grab!!
It’s probably just an experiment for the new interns at naughty dog to have such a triple A title on there resume

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So, we need to ask them how soon we see remaster of remake?
I would wait for TLoU Remastered Remake Developer Edition and then would buy it again.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Looks disappointing fugly as hell from the linked YT video.. And the movements & choreography is 1:1 with the original if i'm not mistaken.. how is this/that a "Remake"?
This is a remake, not a reimagining, so it stands to reason that only the visuals will get an upgrade.

I guess Capcom's examples are one of a kind. They may rehash and re-release, but at least they are honest. When they remake, they basically make a new game.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
This is a remake, not a reimagining, so it stands to reason that only the visuals will get an upgrade.

I guess Capcom's examples are one of a kind. They may rehash and re-release, but at least they are honest. When they remake, they basically make a new game.
Remake mean game redone from scratch with new gameplay, visuals, models, maps.
Good example FF7 and trailer of RE4. You watch them and not see exact same game.
But this a remaster, game and engine anyway already work on ps5 - so they simply would update engine and visuals, that's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head