Hacking GameKool claims a 3DS flashcart will arrive soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
Warrior522 said:
...whowhatwherewhenwhyhowWHATHEFUCKAREYOUTALKINGABOUT?!?

How do flashcarts "ruin" a system?

Oh my god, are you 12?

Flashcarts steal, no. Not steal. They snatch the sales from companies and then throw them away.
No sales = no money. No money = no interest. No interest = no games. No games = a pointless, thus ruined console.

I point you to this: http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php...=235951#p235951

Even without flashcarts, I'd bet...no...guarantee that at least 50% of those so called "lost sales" would still never have made it through, anyway. Using your type of logic is foolish, as you assume that they would've bought the game if not for the flashcart. Me? I often download a game, play for 5 or 10 minutes. If I like it, I go out and buy it. If I dislike it, I delete the game, and move on.

However, they really could've waited on fully hacking the 3DS(if this really is true, which I doubt). This is just being impatient...

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
Ramonra said:
Warrior522 said:

Oh my god, are you 12?

Flashcarts steal, no. Not steal. They snatch the sales from companies and then throw them away.
No sales = no money. No money = no interest. No interest = no games. No games = a pointless, thus ruined console.

I point you to this: http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php...=235951#p235951

Even without flashcarts, I'd bet...no...guarantee that at least 50% of those so called "lost sales" would still never have made it through, anyway. Using your type of logic is foolish, as you assume that they would've bought the game if not for the flashcart. Me? I often download a game, play for 5 or 10 minutes. If I like it, I go out and buy it. If I dislike it, I delete the game, and move on.

However, they really could've waited on fully hacking the 3DS(if this really is true, which I doubt). This is just being impatient...

Agreed, although I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt 80% of these clowns would do the same thing, considering its so convenenient to steal these games that take forever to make. If I were these devs making these games, and I had all my games being stolen like this, what would my incentive to work be?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki said:
shinkukage09 said:
Ramonra said:
Warrior522 said:

Oh my god, are you 12?

Agreed, although I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt 80% of these clowns would do the same thing, considering its so convenenient to steal these games that take forever to make. If I were these devs making these games, and I had all my games being stolen like this, what would my incentive to work be?

While I agree that I'm among the minority using my flashcart for demoing and rom hacks and whatnot, it doesn't take forever. Most of the games in the DS's library took no more then a month to make(the shitware, shovelware, and crap games). The ones from actually bigger companies, no more then a year. And even then, you still make a lot of profit off the games.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
Ryukouki said:
shinkukage09 said:
Ramonra said:
Warrior522 said:

Oh my god, are you 12?

While I agree that I'm among the minority using my flashcart for demoing and rom hacks and whatnot, it doesn't take forever. Most of the games in the DS's library took no more then a month to make(the shitware, shovelware, and crap games). The ones from actually bigger companies, no more then a year. And even then, you still make a lot of profit off the games.

Huh. Fact of the day. Either way, we're still taking away legitimate profit.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not saying that piracy is the most moral thing to do, but it doesn't exactly "ruin" a system. Maybe a few thousand copies of a game are pirated. But odds are a million more are sold. They're still making a sizable profit, and if they don't, it's probably because of the game.

If you're gonna say "OH WELL LOOK AT THOSE WII GAMES LIKE MADWORLD!" then I'll first say A) If it's that good, I buy them. I still own my legit copy of MadWorld and think it's excellent. And B), those games just didn't sell well because of the demographic the Wii has. There's a small share of hardcore gamers like you and me but a good majority of it are casual ones.

Flashcarts and piracy don't ruin a system. It's not the most ethical thing to do but if it "ruined" a system, then the Wii and DS would be in shambles. I haven't bought a DS game since FE: Shadow Dragon for Christ's sake and I probably won't buy any more.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki said:
Huh. Fact of the day. Either way, we're still taking away legitimate profit.
Yep.. taking legitimate profits.
Just look at what rampant piracy has done to the MPAA and RIAA... record profits year after year.

The myth of potential sales is just that, a myth.
Not everyone who downloads something would have bought it.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Not saying that piracy is the most moral thing to do, but it doesn't exactly "ruin" a system. Maybe a few thousand copies of a game are pirated. But odds are a million more are sold. They're still making a sizable profit, and if they don't, it's probably because of the game.

If you're gonna say "OH WELL LOOK AT THOSE WII GAMES LIKE MADWORLD!" then I'll first say A) If it's that good, I buy them. I still own my legit copy of MadWorld and think it's excellent. And B), those games just didn't sell well because of the demographic the Wii has. There's a small share of hardcore gamers like you and me but a good majority of it are casual ones.

Flashcarts and piracy don't ruin a system. It's not the most ethical thing to do but if it "ruined" a system, then the Wii and DS would be in shambles. I haven't bought a DS game since FE: Shadow Dragon for Christ's sake and I probably won't buy any more.

I perfectly see what you're getting at, I was thinking along the lines of things like Dissidia being the most pirated game and blah blah blah. Well actually I didn't mean ruin like OMG WE HAVE NO MONEYZ but it just kills incentive to do anything more. BTW: FE:SD was a piece of crap. I hated it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki said:
Guild McCommunist said:

I perfectly see what you're getting at, I was thinking along the lines of things like Dissidia being the most pirated game and blah blah blah. Well actually I didn't mean ruin like OMG WE HAVE NO MONEYZ but it just kills incentive to do anything more. BTW: FE:SD was a piece of crap. I hated it.

Going a bit off topic, but FE: SD was kinda the last strategy game I played in years until recently, just really blew out my desire for any more strategy. Good Fire Emblem game though if you like Fire Emblem.

But it wouldn't kill incentive, the Wii has had piracy for a pretty long time and it's damn easy. All you need is like a SD card nowadays and some blank DVDs or a hard drive (and almost everyone has one or the other). But Nintendo still recently makes big titles (that were pretty damn good) and makes millions off of them.

Piracy statistics are also pretty inaccurate from what I read, there's a lot of variables that aren't counted when they try measuring how many times a game was downloaded.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to sit here and lie, but I'm not the deepest piracy bookie you'll ever meet. My view is probably VERY one-sided when you look at it from certain angles. From the gist I've been reading here and there, people are really blaming the shovelware era of the DS on the fact that pirates are downloading and taking all the games straight off like this.
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Warrior522 said:
Ahem.

*points at the DS*

No ruined system here...
*ahem*
*Points at Imagine series.*

But we still get pretty good titles recently like Radiant Historia and upcoming stuff like Pokemon, Okamiden, and Monster Tale.

The DS does have plenty of shovelware and a good majority of its library (mind you, over 4,000+ releases) are junk but it still has a pretty good selection overall.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Wow, people can't even wait for the system be on the market for a week without ruining it?
Well, I guess DS mode flashcard is what made me deciding to buy a 3DS, which I wouldn't have done because there's currently no game I'm interested with.

That doesn't mean I won't buy retail 3DS games, it only means that I can play DS games on a new system.
Enabling DS mode doesn't ruin 3DS in my opinion. It could ruin the potential retail DS games selling that some gamers would have bought if they sold their old DS to buy a 3DS, and wanted to play their old (pirated) games again on the new 3DS.
But I guess people pirating their DS won't sold it if they still want to play DS games, so that would have not ruin the game sales for the 3DS.
On contrary, users can now buy a 3DS instead of a DS to play their DS games, it's more profit for Nintendo !

About the shovelware ... well, they are for you but not for all those kids buying the games.
These games are doing profit to their publisher and developers, why would they stop developing them for low cost ? it's not the piracy who makes shovelware, it's people buying more shovelware.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wabsta said:
Was the DS hacked the first week it came out?Nope, but neither was the 3DS so your point is moot.
All that's been done is allow a cart to run IN DS MODE, which is what has been done for a long time now.
Nintendo cannot magically undo this beyond the cat-and-mouse game of Nitendo release Update, Flashcard release update, Nitendo release Update, Flashcard release update, etc.
Changing it would make all old DS games not work.

QUOTE(Wabsta @ Feb 27 2011, 03:45 PM) Also, for users of the NDS, it became really mainstream to have a flashcard, like never before on a portable device. And all those people are going to want one for the 3DS too. = ruined console.
I'd say it's only "really mainstream" because the DS is "really mainstream".
I know a lot more people with DS' of some sort than I do with PSPs. However, of those people I know probably an equal percentage if not more PSP users are able to play backups and the DS users buy more retail games.
So while flashcards might be more common, the use of backups are more towards PSP in my experience.
You can't just look at one or two aspects and say 'this is the problem', you really need to look at the whole picture.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rock Raiyu said:
8BitWalugi said:
Warrior522 said:
Ahem.

*points at the DS*

No ruined system here...
*ahem*
The DS is not only aimed at one age range.
I fail to see the point your trying to make. Just because a game is aimed at younger audiences doesn't mean the dev's have to make the game complete horse shit, which is effectively what the imagine series is, horse shit.

I highly doubt that the 3DS was cracked this early, and if it was, hopefully nintendo fix. I don't want piracy to be available just mere weeks after the 3DS is released, regardless of whether it will ruin the console or not.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
Rock Raiyu said:
8BitWalugi said:
Warrior522 said:
Ahem.

*points at the DS*

No ruined system here...
*ahem*
The DS is not only aimed at one age range.
I fail to see the point your trying to make. Just because a game is aimed at younger audiences doesn't mean the dev's have to make the game complete horse shit, which is effectively what the imagine series is, horse shit.
This is why you are failing to see my point. The fact that it IS aimed at a younger audience and for other games. You say it is horse shit, but thats just your opinion. You're not taking into account that the younger crowd may have a different opinion then you do. They may enjoy those games that you believe are horse shit. Just because you don't like the game series that is not aimed at you doesn't make it shit.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Wow, people can't even wait for the system be on the market for a week without ruining it?

That makes absolutely no sense. Did the R4 ruin the DS? Not to mention other big carts such as the Acekard. And this certainly haven't scared away big developers like EA, Activision, and other big names.

If flashcarts have done anything to affect sales, it's only improved the sale of consoles, just look at the Wii, Xbox, and PS3 sales. The system that was most hackable has the most sales, the 2nd hardest to hack is in 2nd place, and so on.

..Back on topic, I believe this is just a cart running DS lite mode on 3DS, I can't see how it's possible for someone to already figure out how to dump 3DS ROMs and run them on a flashcart within the first few days of release...

kenpachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
8BitWalugi said:
Warrior522 said:
Ahem.

*points at the DS*

No ruined system here...
*ahem*

But we still get pretty good titles recently like Radiant Historia and upcoming stuff like Pokemon, Okamiden, and Monster Tale.

The DS does have plenty of shovelware and a good majority of its library (mind you, over 4,000+ releases) are junk but it still has a pretty good selection overall.

ya and this is the reason we NEED a flashcart for these systems. When companies are putting out trash because they know mom and dad don't know anything about games and a kid sees the name and a pretty picture on a box and they buy it. I NEVER EVER buy a DS game without trying it first with my flashcart. if it's truly worthy of a purchase, glory days 2, metal slug, lot of rpg's. nintendo titles, and a few others I'll go pay for it. if not, i never would have bought it anyways. To me it's an incentive for the companies to make quality games. If it aint good, I'm stealing it... and if i can't mod my system or get a flashcart i don't even bother with a system.

Even many of the devs and publishers who managed to keep their integrity through the ps2/xbox era or shovelware have fallen to this easy money. I refuse to be taken advantage of. and no, a review isn't enough.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kenpachi said:
Guild McCommunist said:
8BitWalugi said:
Warrior522 said:
Ahem.

*points at the DS*

No ruined system here...
*ahem*

ya and this is the reason we NEED a flashcart for these systems. When companies are putting out trash because they know mom and dad don't know anything about games and a kid sees the name and a pretty picture on a box and they buy it. I NEVER EVER buy a DS game without trying it first with my flashcart. if it's truly worthy of a purchase, glory days 2, metal slug, lot of rpg's. nintendo titles, and a few others I'll go pay for it. if not, i never would have bought it anyways. To me it's an incentive for the companies to make quality games. If it aint good, I'm stealing it... and if i can't mod my system or get a flashcart i don't even bother with a system.

Even many of the devs and publishers who managed to keep their integrity through the ps2/xbox era or shovelware have fallen to this easy money. I refuse to be taken advantage of. and no, a review isn't enough.

Bullshit. Pure and utter Bullshit. No system NEEDS a flashcart. Trying to say they do because companies put out trash games is the worst kind of logic you could have. Know how to tell a shit game from a good game/semi-good game/great game. It's very easy. Your logic is as fail as it angers me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0