Gamefly or other Netflix-kinda rental services

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, well, I know this is kinda ridiculous, specially on a SCENE community where everybody downloI mean everybody plays retail copies of the games everybody buys on the store. But that won't stop me from asking.
First, I gotta say Netflix rules, my aunt has it, and she orders movie after movie after movie, she can has 3 at the same time and it is as easy as ordering from the internet and leaving the return envelope on the mail box the next day you watch it.

The obvious thing would be for Netflix to also offer videogames, but NO, those guys as stuck with movies. Goo thing is that I found that there is a bunch of other companies that do that same thing with videogames, the bad thing is that the service is more expensive than Netflix, I mean, it is obvious, playing a game is far more rewarding that watching a movie, in TIME you spend entertaining yourself I mean.

Well, I just wanted to know, if anyone actually has GameFly or a service like it, is it worth it?, is it as good as Netflix?
Any comments about it?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used to do amazon UK DVD rental but they went downhill (service, lost post, late post, DVDs looking like pac man) so I quit them.

Gamefly, a few of my cousins have it (New Mexico) and while it is not perfect (3 shipping centres (LA, Tampa and Pittsburgh) means cross state shipping a lot of the time both ways, the price thing you did already, while not as bad as some places you often need to clean the discs with washing up liquid) it is usually good, especially for sourcing some of the older titles that while great did not get good reviews.
Waiting lists for new titles are sometimes less than spectacular but that is probably why we all congregate here (GBAtemp is retro central).

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I currently use Gamefly for about a year now, and its been really good to me mainly because I live in southern California, not that far from their Los Angeles office where they ship from.

Also I used to have netflix, but when I moved it took longer for the movie to get to me, and then I got FIOS internet, which I dont need netflix anymore.
biggrin.gif

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rent my Xbox 360 games from GameFly. While I agree that their service is a bit pricey, I always get my games in a timely fashion. It's usually about 4-5 days from the day I put a game in the mailbox. So it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of "between game" games.

residentskitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would recommend gameznflix.com

I compared all the game rental services I could find, and these guys were the cheapest and overall best. Usually after returning a game in the prepaid envelope, I would get another in only 2 or 3 days.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had Netflix for about a year before I had to cancel my subscription because I moved to college campus. But I had the 3-at-a-time plan for $19.07 (including tax) a month. When I received my disc, I made a copy and sent it back the next day. Doing this, I got an average of 22 discs per month. I really loved the service. Got so many TV show seasons.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So it is worth it? 24USD per pair of games is a little too expensive for me (Gamefly), then again it seems that the availability of titles is pretty high...
I just saw the gameznflix.com service, while not very reliable at first glance it I like the offering of games AND movies at the same time. Still it screams "scam" all over it.
Edit: I checked gameznflix.com again, the prices look really awesome!

1-Out Plan: $8.99/mo.
2-Out Plan: $12.99/mo.
3-Out Plan: $16.99/mo.

Trial Plans
1-Out Trial Plan:
14 Days Free, then $8.99/mo.
2-Out Trial Plan:
14 Days Free, then $12.99/mo.
3-Out Trial Plan:
14 Days Free, then $16.99/mo.

I might register there!

Edit1:
20080204.jpg

LOL

Well, in the end, I ended up registering myself to Gamefly, I have 8 free days left now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back