Hacking Gamecube saves to USB?

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I found my copy of Jedi Knight 2. I was happy when I realized NeoGamma would let me play it seeing as how the disc is in PAL (was young and got it eBay) format. My problem is I am out of town and don't have my GC memory card. Is there a homebrew app that will let me run this PAL format game and save to my USB memory stick instead of a memory card?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If the content written below is TL;DR, just go with Nintendont. If you're curious to know about all of your options, read on.

So you've got a legit retail disk but no real memory card currently? You have 3 main options (I made a handy Excel spreadsheet to demonstrate what each of them can do):

iKrf1CdlcAkiX.PNG

Links:
Nintendont
Devolution
DIOS MIOS
CleanRip (for obtaining an ISO from your game disk)

If you want my personal recommendation for shortest and easiest to get set up, I'd have to give my vote to Nintendont.

Note that the "green" checkmark by "Requires verification of a legal game disk?" isn't implied to be a positive thing necessarily. I was merely marking that Devo has such a requirement while the other two do not.

If you want to compare compatibility between the three:
Devo compat. list
Ndont compat. list
DM compat. list

By the way, if I made any mistakes in the Excel chart, let me know, I think it'd be handy to have around for if people ask which Gamecube environment does what.

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ote="daxtsu, post: 5106021, member: 83446"]If the content written below is TL;DR, just go with Nintendont. If you're curious to know about all of your options, read on.

So you've got a legit retail disk but no real memory card currently? You have 3 main options (I made a handy Excel spreadsheet to demonstrate what each of them can do):

ikm7YyDFSKnlX.PNG

Links:
Nintendont
Devolution
DIOS MIOS
CleanRip (for obtaining an ISO from your game disk)

If you want my personal recommendation for shortest and easiest to get set up, I'd have to give my vote to Nintendont.

Note that the "green" checkmark by "Requires verification of a legal game disk?" isn't implied to be a positive thing necessarily. I was merely marking that Devo has such a requirement while the other two do not.

If you want to compare compatibility between the three:
Devo compat. list
Ndont compat. list
DM compat. list

By the way, if I made any mistakes in the Excel chart, let me know, I think it'd be handy to have around for if people ask which Gamecube environment does what.[/quote]
So Nintendont sounds like the best option as long as I rip that. I have my laptop with me, but not sure if it will work with mini-discs. Wait, scratch that, I clicked the link and if I understand correctly it rips it using the Wii. Will give this a shot and let you know. Thanks everyone.

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DIOS MIOS can take screenshots in-game. The files are stored on the device the game is loaded from, and you have to use some sort of conversion tool. Also, it's supposed to be able to support streaming audio now, but only a video of that support was shown - the updated version has yet to be released two weeks later...

Reactions: daxtsu

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the Cleanrip to go with Nintendont because I already had it and I'm doing all this with my phone. I was doing it so when my friend got off work I could have some multiplayer stuff unlocked, but then I realized there's a cheat code for that so I could have just used NeoGamma after all. Thanks for all your help everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse