GameCube Save Fixer

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by pcmantinker, Jul 6, 2009.

Jul 6, 2009

GameCube Save Fixer by pcmantinker at 9:43 PM (3,256 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. pcmantinker
    OP

Newcomer pcmantinker Advanced Member

United States
    Wiigator's Gamecube Backup Loader pre 0.1 Xi did not write game serials to game saves on memory cards properly. This tool is for correcting that issue and allowing you to play your old saves from before 0.1 Xi.

I created this tool because I got tired of manually editing the game's serial codes in a hex editor. I didn't see any other patching tools around so I went and made one myself. The program currently does not detect the game save game name, but you can choose from a list of games to patch the dumped save.

All you need to do is dump the particular save from your memory card to your Wii's SD card and then you can patch the file on your computer. When you load a save file, the program will tell you if you have a valid serial code. If the file is not valid, the file will not be opened. Begin by typing a keyword from the title of your game and select the game from the listbox you wish to apply the patch.

Check here for the latest release:
    http://gamecubesavefixer.codeplex.com/

Zip File Contents:
    GameCube Save Fixer.exe
    gamelist.csv

Note:
    The contents of gamelist.csv can be edited, but if you don't know what you are doing, don't edit the file.

Sample Game Entry:
    Game Title Serial Region
    1080ยบ Avalanche GTEE01 USA

Let me know of anything else that might improve this program. I was thinking about adding a sort function to sort the list by Region so you can choose only USA, EUR, or JAP region games.

2. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Deleted the accidental dupe topic, no problem, it happens sometimes [​IMG]

Thanks for the tool, I'm sure it could be useful to some people.

3. pcmantinker
    OP

Newcomer pcmantinker Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks for removing the duplicate topic. I hope that some people can make good use of this tool. I will continue to update it periodically.