GCN Gamecube portable.

Zelduck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how about it? Anybody know how to make a Gamecube portable?
I'm looking for a step by step Thor of how to make one,because every walkthrough I begin to watch ends halfway through.

I only need a link or something to a good walkthrough or guide.

Zelduck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how about it? Anybody know how to make a Gamecube portable?
I'm looking for a step by step Thor of how to make one,because every walkthrough I begin to watch ends halfway through.

I only need a link or something to a good walkthrough or guide.

I accidentally put Thor instead of walkhrough.Heh,stupid spell correction.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Don't double post, use the edit button.

You're not gonna find a universal guide to making one, they're all different. The best I could find would be this, the only thing it skimps out on is the casing which isn't too hard to do. Else you're on your own.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You *could* use the portable GameCube battery (I've seen some on eBay for cheap) and Intec portable GC screen, both of which are affordable

It would still be the size of a gamecube (maybe a little bit thicker because of the portable screen) but it wouldn't require a wall socket (except for charging), nor a TV, nor soldering.

Zelduck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't double post, use the edit button.

You're not gonna find a universal guide to making one, they're all different. The best I could find would be this, the only thing it skimps out on is the casing which isn't too hard to do. Else you're on your own.

Sorry,I'm new.But thanks for the link.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm no expert, but the only advice I can give is be prepared to spend lots of time and money, especially if you want one that looks "pretty". It takes TONS of practice to get them right, and even more practice to make them look good. Be prepared to go through multiple gamecubes, so I suggest stocking up now ($30 at gamestop for a used gamecube, hookups, and 1 controller, if they're not sold out yet).

skaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a lot of information on the benheck forums - http://forums.benheck.com/index.php

I've never seen a complete step by step tutorial but I know there's guides to do everything from trimming motherboards to vacuum molding cases.

Good luck!

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm no expert, but the only advice I can give is be prepared to spend lots of time and money, especially if you want one that looks "pretty". It takes TONS of practice to get them right, and even more practice to make them look good. Be prepared to go through multiple gamecubes, so I suggest stocking up now ($30 at gamestop for a used gamecube, hookups, and 1 controller, if they're not sold out yet).
The maker of the envision went through 12 Motherboards . Mine only took one gamecube so far -_- but I did go through 3 controllers and counting, if you do use your own batteries and the gamecube doesn't work with the ac adapter afterwords try replacing the 5a fuse,(or just bridge the connection with some solder) that did it for me. And he is right it does take time, I have about a month and a half just to get something that works let alone looks good,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte