GameCube Originals Fail to load after mod, tried MANY things!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bungee91, Aug 21, 2009.

1. bungee91
    OP

Newcomer bungee91 Newbie

United States
    Ok I posted some info in another thread but at this point it definitely deserves a new thread!

I am stumped!!! So any help is greatly appreciated [​IMG]

I have tried many things so I will explain that and then what I have found to kind of work.

Originally I followed the simplistic guide that is pinned so (CIOSRev 14, PreLoader .29, Dop-IOS V7, and Trucha Bug restrorer). I also used CIOSCorp V3.3.
    Wii backups worked but GC games gave me a black screen with an error and to remove the disc and check my owners manual.

Per input of the thread I posted in (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174981)
    I tried using NUSD and reinstalling BC and MIOS through Wad manager which installed ok but didn't fix the problem (same error!)

At this point I thought WTF, so I decided to downgrade back to 3.2U with IOS Downgrader and ARC 1.1bm5 and installed system menu 3.2.
    After that put back in Preloader .29 and cIOS Rev 14, and set the hack options in Preloader to IOS Reload, and also load system menu on 249 (To load backups from disc channel without CIOSCORP).
    GC games do the EXACT thing!, However Wii backups boot right up.
    So I then try to have the System menu load on IOS 30 (where it belongs) and GC (Original) games work!!!...YIPPIE!!..FINALLY..I am relieved!
    HOWEVER this now means Wii backups won't load in the Disc Channel.. So I figured I would install CIOSCORP and that may just solve that and also leave the GC games to work.
    After install it is right back where it was before with the error and "eject disc ..." on GC games.

I am guessing it has to do with cIOS and something it is patching to the IOS that is breaking it from loading GC games??..
    Considering it worked on IOS 30 right before CIOSCORP patched it when installing and then it was broken right after that.

Ok I think I explained that as best as I can..
    It seems in my limited understanding that in some way patching IOS30 with Cios Rev14 or also CIOSCORP is breaking my original GC loading..

Can someone please give me some advice or let me know if yours is working correctly.
    I would prefer not to use a launcher in HBC to work around my issue as I am only concerned with original GC game loading, and Wii backups.

Also I have disabled/enabled hacks in Preloader with no change.

Thanks

2. asdf

Member asdf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's cIOSCORP. I recently installed v3.3 and I couldn't run GC games.

I just did a NAND backup to when I didn't have cIOSCORP.

3. bungee91
    OP

Newcomer bungee91 Newbie

United States
    Ok more info..

Also thank you for the response as it makes me think I'm not going crazy!...LOL

It seems to also be cIOS Rev 14.

I wanted to investigate more so I installed an older cIOS (Rev 9) and booted system menu to IOS 30 preloader and got the same thing
    (I am guessing cause IOS 30 isn't patched in this process?), however I then loaded the system menu to 249 and GC games worked right off the bat!!!..

So someone who is much smarter than me (and has more than 4 posts..LOL) sum all this up to make a solid decision (like cIOS Rev 14, and CIOSCORP v3.3, break GC from disc channel). I could be missing something if not, as I am newer to this (did a LOT of reading though I promise!)

I am going to try a NUSD IOS 30 and load the system menu from it and see if all is good. I am guessing it should work fine, just not load backups.

4. OneUp

Member OneUp GBAtemp Regular

United States
  5. bungee91
    OP

Newcomer bungee91 Newbie

United States
    Thanks!.. I may just try that in a sec

I loaded a fresh NUSD of IOS30 V1040 and GC games play fine with System menu on IOS 30.
    I then installed cIOS Rev 14 right after that and GC games still seem to work fine!
    So I am a bit confused but for now it is working and I'm just going to stop thinking about it [​IMG]

6. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    doesnt cioscorp 3.3 have that the "RVL-cmios-v9-v3.3.wad" and "RVL-cmios-v9-v3.3.wad" designed for gamecube backups? every wii ive installed cioscorp 3.3 on runs gamecube backups perfectly. did you install those as well?

7. bungee91
    OP

Newcomer bungee91 Newbie

United States
    Ok more (I thought I was done)

cIOS Rev 14 and load system menu on IOS249 (with also IOS reload enabled) also breaks GC games!
    cIOS Rev 9 works fine however with the same setup.

I am going to try older cIOS's and see what I get.

That or load system menu back on IOS 30 and use an older CIOSCORP

8. bungee91
    OP

Newcomer bungee91 Newbie

United States
    duplicate post

9. bungee91
    OP

Newcomer bungee91 Newbie

United States

I have tried both with and without (at the time on 4.1U) with the same results.
    However being as we are talking an original GC game I wouldn't think it would matter.
    I also updated BC and MIOS with NUSD and tried with same luck and also patched with cmios and again same thing..

10. wiistarter

Member wiistarter GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Installed cIOSCORP 3.3 on 5 wii's and ALL can play original and backup GC games no problem including multi ISO's

11. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    exactly!

12. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Another thing that can mess up GCN loading is the StartPatch hack to make the disc channel region free. Perhaps the Preloader hack is equally problematic.

13. wiistarter

Member wiistarter GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Just a little note...

You do know that cIOSCORP 3.3 comes with a seperate set of files that have to be installed AS WELL AS cIOSCORP in order to get GC games working

14. _CARLOX_

Newcomer _CARLOX_ Member

United States
    I fixed the problem by installing an old version of a patched IOS60, I think its name was CIOS60BF.

15. djda

Member djda GBAtemp Regular

Barbados
  16. noabody

Newcomer noabody Newbie

Just followed softmod guide http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...od-any-wii.html on a new Wii. The only stuff I didn't install was cios56, cIOScorp 3.4 and DVDX support. That said, the Wii Disc Channel recognizes original Wii games but not original Gamecube games (the little spinning disc icon comes up as a question mark).

Original Gamecube games load and run fine when started with Neogamma R7. I think this is the same problem you are describing but your understanding is very high. My understanding is rather low so maybe my description would make sense to other newbies.