Hacking gamecube multigame iso creator problems?

torbit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm having issues with the Gamecube Multigame ISO Creator. It will recognize, add, shrink, etc, any Gamecube image I throw at it and compile them into a single .iso, but whenever I go to burn the resulting image with Imgburn under Windows, it errors out with some sort of media error. I've made coasters out of three DVD+Rs so far. Burning the images directly to a full sized 4.7 GB disc works fine, loads and everything, but the resulting image from the Multigame ISO Creator always errors out on burning. I tried burning another one with shrunk images to get it under the normal capacity of a Gamecube disc. 1.5 GB, to see if that was maybe the problem, but the same error came up.

I've read about DVD+Rs and backups before, but I've never had a problem using them for both Wii and Gamecube backups (burnt to a single disc), so I doubt that would be the problem.

I've done a bit of Googling and I didn't see anyone else experiencing the same problem so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm using the latest version of ImgBurn, 2.4.2.0, under Vista x64, and using the latest version of the ISO Creator available, 3.2.4.

I'm not sure of the specific error in Imgburn but I may sacrifice another blank disc in a minute just to get the exact error to post.

Any help is appreciated.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't have to sacrifice a disc. Check C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\ImgBurn\Log Files\ for a logfile. Error should be in there.

torbit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SilverSurfR said:
Shouldn't have to sacrifice a disc. Check C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\ImgBurn\Log Files\ for a logfile. Error should be in there.

Thanks SilverSurfR. Here's the log file from the last failed burn I had:
http://pastebin.ca/1352098

QUOTE(deceptica @ Feb 28 2009, 12:03 AM) I'm fairly new to Gamecube backups myself, but I've had 100% success (20 odd burns) with the multi game GC program on Wiikit:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Wii_Kit

Maybe give that a try?

Edit: Wii-GC Media Disc Creator is the prog mentioned.

Thanks, I'll give that program a try if I can't figure out what's going on with the Multigame ISO Creator.

deceptica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking at your log it seems that dodgy discs might be the problem.

From a thread at forum.imgburn.com:

---
W 15:18:05 Failed to Write Sectors 64 - 95 - Reason: Write Error

LUK (imgburn creator wrote):

The first error is the real / important one.

Your drive complained that it couldn't write to the discs. Switch to some better Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim ones.
---

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.