Hacking Gamecube modding

oliverbomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I want to softmod my gamecube....

Well I got a Wii, and I know alot now about the softmodding I guess, and besides that, I want that old cube hacked.

What I need to do, is put some files on the GC memorycard, but ofcourse that would be impossible since I can't do that with my computer.

So I read sometime ago there was an Homebrew APP that transfered Save Games from your SD to your GC Memorcard.

Which one is that?

I want to try to transfer those files and use my old gamecube for SNES and stuff.
tongue.gif

Niceeeeeee ^^

oliverbomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got an Awesome Idea not?

But wait, we need to boot from something,
tongue.gif
to use the files, you know I mean like the Exploits
Twilight Exploit for example you had to boot Zelda, with a cetairn save file, and then it crashed, and loaded the DOL / ELF file.

That's happening on the gamecube too isn't it?
Well, I haven't been reading about how bannerbomb works since I simply didn't need it.

But what if you could use bannerbomb for example on the gamecube?
smile.gif
Such things would be nice you know.

Cause hacking a gamecube now requires stuff that not everyone has. (Action Replay) (Phantasty Star)

oliverbomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seeing the bannerbomb it crashes at the system menu...

What if you could try this exploit of the system menu management on the Gamecube Data management, (U know the block, when you boot without a disc)

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember this.....

Back in the day there was a Hack for the Phantasy Star Online save file that let you do things with the gamecube.

But if I remember right you need Phantasy Star Online to load the hacked save file and play homebrew games/ apps and Action Replay to install the games/ apps on the memory card...

I never did this but always wanted to try, I never could find a Action Replay for my Game Cube..
I also powed my PSO game and got a fair deal for it, guess the hack it made it more volubile..

I think Wii can do what the Action Replay did with the loading stuff on a GC memory Card but you'll still need Phantasy Star Online to boot the hack..
I'm just guessing.

I wish I still had my PSO game...
unsure.gif

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/GCN/Wii...__EF000589.aspx

mailorder this for like $25~ and you put your files on an sd card, put it in this custom memory card and use the included disc to boot the files from it. Just got it for my girlfriend's old gamecube so we can play nes and snes at her house with the gc builds of fce ultra and snes9x.

I should have it within the next week, it just shipped a few days ago but my friend has one and had nothing but good to say about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.