Hacking GAMECUBE modchip advice?

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, as there is no dedicated GC section I guess that all of the GC chipping info is in the GC's successor's section

Anyway. Want to back up my whole library of GC games given that replacing with new is getting difficult now. I know that the backing up process is a right headache - I'm hoping that I am able to find ROM images (ISOs?) of what I have but I know that here isn't the place to ask about that.

What I am here to ask about is modchips. I have never modded a console before. I have no desire to do anything with said modchip except to play backups of my games, e.g. no homebrew - therefore my questions is basically what is easiest to install and easiest to gt on with, and is there any significant price difference between chips?

Other important info is that it is a PAL machine but my games are US NTSC (good old Freeloader - saves me the hassle of that too). Don't know if playing backups from a different region matters but my saves are in US format so I wouldn't want PAL ROM images, therefore US backups on PAL machine.

Hope someone can advise! If anyone has any advice on GC ROMs either through backing up or other means that ARE OK to discuss here I welcome them of course.

Cheers guys!

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have a couple of Viper modchips that i can sell to you if youre interested, they play pal/ntsc backups and work like a charm, and quite easy to install

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)