gamecube MIOS patcher vs waninkoko CMIOS v5

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by frank01liny, Mar 13, 2010.

1. frank01liny
    OP

frank01liny Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2010
    United States
    A few weeks ago I installed MIOS patcher with gamecube backup launcher (WiiGator?)... but Ive been thinking of installing CMIOS v5 (waninkoko) Should I stay with the current version or switch... and what steps do I need to make to switch? (I've tried searching for articles and most say to load one or the other but nothing about switching and mostly about CMIOS v4) Do I simply follow install cmios v5 on top or do I have to cleanup or uninstall MIOS patcher?

I've tried burning Multiiso gamecube backups (dvd-r x4speed with verify), but I have only had the first game on one of the 2 mulitiso discs work... the others games seem to blackscreen... dont know if it's the quality of the discs, the mios patcher version (v2 i believe? how do i check), or because I have a newer wii dvd drive (It's either a GC2-D3-2(v2) or a GC2-D3v2 according to the wiidrives db, but I have been able to make a backup of Wii Sports and play it off of the dvd-r backup using a loader below)

I currently have the gamecube backup launcher, neogamma r8rc3 and usbloader gx v916 [cios38rev17 and hermes 202/222/223 v4 too, though I have been thinking of upgrading these to the latest] maybe switching to configurable usb loader]

any comments help appreciated thanks

2. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    A D3-2 drive would not even let you load a backup of any sort. Try installing cMIOS v5 (just run the installer if yor Wii is connected to the Internet, get a wad of any version of MIOS and select it in the installer if it isn't) and booting your disc.

3. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
  4. Dispel

Dispel GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2010
    is that list for GCBL 0.2 with cMIOS v4 ?

the title says GCOS (obsolete) and mentions Wiikey .. this one is for GCBL http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...patibility_List

or is it irrelevant how you run GC backups if you just need info on compatibility with multi-disc/shrunken ? so if a GC game hates multi-ISO's then it won't work in one even with modchip ?

5. frank01liny
    OP

frank01liny Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2010
    United States
    I used mulitgame iso creator... and I didnt shrink them could only fit 3 per dvd
    Is there a utility that can extract them so I cant burn each to a separate dvd?

6. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    The multigame ISO creator can do that.

7. diegobh

diegobh Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    I´ve tried to install the WiiGator´s GC Backup Launcher v0.2 but i cant download the MIOS (file not found)

How could i get the MIOS v4 by WiiGator ???

I´ve tried the Neogamma R8 too, but when i put a GC Disk, the screen get all green =(((

Could you help me please???

8. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Doesn't the MIOS patcher download the files from NUS for you?

9. diegobh

diegobh Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    no =((( failed to download the file...

10. papermanzero

papermanzero GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Tested both.
    Both are working without any problems.
    The compatiblity is with both very high.