Hacking gamecube loader 0.2

Inu268

woof
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey, I just installed the loader, and started playing Wind Waker, but the game says there is no memory card....I don't have a GC mem card, but can't I save in the Wii flash memory or in my SD card?
I can't play without saving >.

Inu268

woof
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if you are using an original game cube disc, can you save in the wii memory or do you need a mem card?
is it even possible to make the loader save into the wii memory?a gamecube mem card is impossible to find here, and expensive >.>

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i think u need a GC mem card cause the wii switches to GC mode once you start playing a GC games meaning it turns off usb ports, sd slot, mii motes & accesseries, lowers cpu speed etc...

p.s ebay is great, a 3rd party wii/GC mem car bought for £4, not expensive, easy to find and arrived it 3 days.............

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You need a GameCube memory card for all GameCube games. In GameCube Mode, the Wii is limited to everything a GameCube has, so no NAND or SD access is possible.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got 2 bits of bad news for you.

1. You need a GC memory card. It's impossible to save any GC game to the Wii's memory. When you are playing a GC game, the Wii actually turns into a GC. No bluetooth, no SD or internal memory, no USB.

2. Wind Waker doesn't work with GC Backup Launcher. Well it works but dungeon maps do not. As soon as you get to the first dungeon and hit up to see the map, the game will freeze. You might be able to get past the first couple dungeons without it, but it's a major hassle. There is no resolution to it at this time.

If you really want to play Wind Waker, your best bet is to go buy a used copy for $15 at EB Games or something. Sorry.

Inu268

woof
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess I will just play in my computer than...it actually looks better on the computer than on my tv >.>
a GC mem card here is $30 plus shipping =p
I can find Wind Waker for around $50...so $80 just to play WW >.>
not to mention the GC controller which cost me $25

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.